General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
questions from new user please reply
Posted by: treetrucker
Date: January 03, 2007 06:58PM

Hello, I just downloader and installed 1.02. My questions are: I'm using an OLD Win95 system, is there a better version of k-meleon I should use?, also, I can't set my preferences at all in the upper tool bar there aren't any of the file,edit,go,help,etc.(this when I'm on the home page, which is one of the settings I want to change) But if I left click on the favorites or the bookmarks, then all of the settings are displayed in the top tool bar. Why is this? And even though all of the file, edit, etc. are displayed there is no preferences choice in the edit section. I "hope" that I don't sound like too much of a dumbass, and I'd really appreciate some input. Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: questions from new user please reply
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 04, 2007 05:53PM

You can try this http://kmeleon.ru/index.php?redirect=d006 k-meleon 1.02 pro
This en-US version is by k-meleon team Russia and the exe is probably created with a slightly older compiler. I assume this because it does not require certain files needed by the official 1.02 version.

The use of the older compiler is better suited for win95.

But there might be still some issue with the plugins.

at the bottom of this http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,69379

BenoitRen asked about it but has no anser yet.

BenoitRen also uses win95. The last info about k-meleon with win95 is via Forum search assiciated with his name. As far as I understand 2 essential plugins do not work well - even when win95 is updated with the files that need update.

Sorry for late answer - i had hoped someone with older windows would answer.

p. s. You may have to go far back to k-meleon 0.7 or 0.8 to get a version that
works better with win95 - they are quite good but are affected by Mozilla's recent security holes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2007 05:54PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.