General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Skinning tips?
Posted by: Grendel
Date: January 08, 2007 04:25AM

Since K-Meleon integrates itself into Windows' API so well, (a bit too well!) I would like to inquire about a few skinning problems I've had while attempting to design my own:

- Is it possible to get rid of the handles? They appear or don't appear depending on the Windows system in question, and third-party skinning programs (such as WindowBlinds) can alter Windows' API enough to remove them. I'm guessing this is just a problem that arises from K-Meleon integrating itself into Windows' API, and cannot be fixed. Either way, it's very obstructive and pretty much ruins every skin. Some designs are meant to be sleek, edgeless, flat, etc. The handles make that pretty much impossible.

- Is it possible to edit the security icon on the status bar? If so, I need to know which resource this is, and what to add to the toolbar.cgf file. Likewise, if it's possible to edit some of the other resources, I would like to know the syntax for that, too. I can't seem to locate one big list that sums it all up -- I'm just going by what I've seen in previous theme configurations.

- Is it possible to edit elements of K-Meleon that normally rely on Windows' API, such as the download / page load progress bar?

It's strange for K-Meleon to rely so much on Windows' resources, yet itself be skinnable. Consequently, it's even more difficult to design K-Meleon skins that adapt to every users' Windows version and settings.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.