General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New User Question
Posted by: emsko
Date: December 25, 2006 08:47PM

I am not very computer literate but have managed to get K-Meleon up and running, skinned and configured with prefereneces that suit me. I cannot go back to Firefox or Opera without feeling irritated because K-Meleon is so much faster on most sites that I regularly visit. I am willing to give up the convenience of Roboform in exchange for the increased speed. Now that I am hooked I would love to have a macro that opens the page being viewed in FF for those occasional Roboform moments and incompatible pages. I know there is an option to "Open Page With" IE, and that I could use Roboform in IE but don't like to use IE if possible. I have combed the K-Meleon site looking for a FF macro but have had no luck, and I am not skilled enough to write my own macro. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas and thanks to all for such a great browser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New User Question
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 26, 2006 04:46AM

emsko
Roboform .... and ....
"Open Page With" IE,

Roboform will work with a little detour/workaround on next k-m version.
Unless the Roboform ppl make it incompatible again.
It works here on my pc already :-) but it is dead aquad :-(
1st a macro, 2nd click a bar, & then open RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
I simply lack the knowledge for more than this cludgy hack.

Elegant open in IE, Opera or Firefox macros have been created by alain for the next version :-)

with a little luck we will also have "open with Trident engine"
( that is only the IE engine ).

merry Xms & welcome here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2006 04:46AM by guenter.

Posted by: emsko
Date: December 26, 2006 01:44PM

Definitely worth the wait. Thanks for the update on the new version.

Posted by: neolem
Date: January 10, 2007 08:37PM

There's a free tool called "Optool" that runs in the system tray and lets you conveniently open either your present window or a link in that window in any browser of your choice (for instance IE with Roboform) from a list of browsers presented. Of course, it means running an extra program in the system tray. Got the same problem like you: would need Roboform (or at least a somewhat useful, integrated password manager) working with K-Meleon.

Here's the link: http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/

Posted by: yougraj
Date: January 11, 2007 11:43AM

how to open a new layer or say new tab from new address typed using computer key board shortcuts. e.g. the way we use Alt+Enter for new version of IE.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.