Open all tabs at once?
Posted by: torbetron
Date: June 16, 2011 07:45PM

Hi, I'm switching from Firefox, where I've organized my bookmarks into folders. In FF there's an option to "open all tabs at once" in that bookmark folder. Can this be done in K-Meleon?
Thanks!

Re: Open all tabs at once? (bookmark folder)
Posted by: siria
Date: June 16, 2011 08:47PM

Hmm, not really, at least not quite as flexible.
Don't know about macros, well possible there exists something, but out-of-the-box the KM bookmarks can only use "Nicks" for something related:
First give a folder some short nick name (Bookmarks > Edit, click a folder), and later when you type that nick into the URL bar and hit Enter, KM opens all pages in that folder at once.

Ah, no wait... something's dawning... Wasn't there some macro (by jsnj??) a few months ago, that did someting similar like that...? Have forgotten what exactly, look around in the extensions subforum here.

Hum, and there are the KM hotlinks (Tools > Hotlinks, max 10). They were meant to put single pages an shortcut keys Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 etc., but that mentioned macro lets you also use nicks (for bookmark folders) with those shortcuts.

Or you could have a button that shows you at right-click a menu with the list of your hotkeys or any number of folders with Nick names, but perhaps that must be written first, no idea. It wouldn't be flexible, you'd have to manually define each folder first.

At any rate I guess there's no way to pick *every* folder without any nicking first, but perhaps others know better...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 08:52PM by siria.

Posted by: torbetron
Date: June 16, 2011 09:01PM

Thank-you! The nick thing did the trick. Good enough for me.

Posted by: siria
Date: June 16, 2011 09:16PM

For me too grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.