General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Text Zoom
Posted by: Peabody
Date: January 21, 2007 10:17PM

In what increments does the text zoom proceed? Sometimes the tool seems to change the text size by one full increment, at other times in fractional increments such that I have to increase a dozen times to increase to the desired size.

Second, are there any plans to add a third button to restore/return to the original size, rather than having to memorize how many times I selected the increase tool?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Text Zoom
Posted by: kko
Date: January 22, 2007 01:02PM

The increment of the text zoom is ten percent of the original font size. Rounding issues are inavoidable.

The current text zoom is displayed in the status bar. The original size is equivalent to text zoom 10.

Posted by: neolem
Date: January 22, 2007 02:22PM

Thanks for pointing this out. I used to have problems, too, getting back to the standard display.

BTW, the zoom is not displayed in the status bar when you zoom using ctrl + mouse wheel. I believe there was a hotkey trick in IE that reverted the zoom to the standard display, but can't remember.

Anyway, just found: if you zoom within K-Meleon, using ctrl + mouse wheel, just a click on one of the two zoom buttons in the toolbar will display the current zoom value in the status bar. Could be there is also a hotkey trick as in IE.

Posted by: Peabody
Date: January 22, 2007 09:25PM

The increment of the text zoom is ten percent of the original font size.
Thank you.

Is there a way to modify the modification size? Say to fifty percent?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.