Re: javascript policies by website [BUGGY]
Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 23, 2011 03:03AM

it's a 1.7 xul bug that's throwing the errors with select policy.. if 1.7 is finalised the regular extension should work fine.

this version should work with 1.7alpha
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/iol/kmpolicies-tf1.7.7z

Posted by: snuz2
Date: July 23, 2011 05:42AM

yes, that's exactly the problem with the status bar text, you switch tabs or just hover over a link, and it's gone. it's not meant for permanent use like the icons on the other side of the status bar. as far as menu bars, that's a different story as you know, that should work fine. it's just that the status bar is basically wasted space and is the logical place to look for the page's status, but we have no way of putting icons there unless someone writes a quick kplugin that manipulates them. i may do that someday....

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 23, 2011 11:57AM

@ disrupted

Thanks for the new version. I will install it on 1.7 as soon as I get time.

@ snuz2

We still need some method to know which tab has focus. OnOpenTab only fires when a new tab is created. An OnFocusChange event is needed, but I am not sure that is possible. I will settle for a new, updated version of KM.

@ siria

I tested JSPoliciesList.kmm on a system with Policy Manager. I even had created jsblacklist in PM and set two sites into it. And, just as a test, I had that jsblacklist set to allAccess. Everything was done right. Even the allAccess was caught. The system can only warn the user when the noAccess/allAccess problem occurs. Please feel free to use my method, if you have a need.

Posted by: snuz2
Date: July 24, 2011 09:09AM

yes! i don't know of any method to catch tab focus changes either without javascript. that could be another kplugin! or better yet, put these features in the new version as you suggested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 09:09AM by snuz2.

Date: July 24, 2011 06:48PM

@ disrupted

The new version of Policy Manager works just fine on KM 1.7.0 a2. Thanks ever so much.

Date: August 29, 2011 06:36PM

@ siria

You had mentioned sorting the list in an earlier post or in the comments of your code. I had a go at doing that. I wanted items from the same domain to sort together. I broke the URLs into major and minor keys and rebuild the sortkey that way. It works, but did me no good as Policy Manager sorts the list another way. I really like to have all the URLs for E-bay or my bank together. Too bad I cannot find a way for Policy Manager to display the list as is.

Thought you might like to have the code, just in case you needed a sorted list for anything.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/CapSiteListSort.7z

Posted by: siria
Date: August 29, 2011 08:15PM

Uah, thanks but it's 300 lines of sophisticated code to learn *scared* ;-) Yeah I know, my own macros are often yet longer, but the self-invented stuff is by nature always easier to understand smiling smiley
And have already an own javascript-solution for sorting, needing less code, although it needs hashing up the list into max 127-character puzzle pieces, but oh well.

Anyway, regarding policy-manager, that's interesting... What happens if you sort and then close the browser, is the list still sorted in prefs.js or messed up again? Could it be that perhaps pol-man is working with a separate list in RAM somehow, copying it at startup and storing its copy again when closing the browser? Like it seems to do with prefs.js or such... Meaning, if pol-man is disabled, then KM restarted, the list sorted by macro, pol-man re-enabled, KM closed and restarted, what does the list look like then? Just a vague thought...

Date: August 29, 2011 08:29PM

When I sort the list, the list stays sorted. It is resorted the Policy Manager way only for display in Policy Manager. Policy Manager never changes the sort order of the list in Prefs.js file.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.