General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Is Chrome A Bully?
Posted by: markxxx
Date: June 23, 2011 06:57PM

Seriously grinning smiley

I love K-Meleon but there was one website I found it was better to use Chrome from Google with. So I downloaded Chrome and used it. I figured, I'd keep Chrome as a backup browser.

Then I went to open a link in an email. But the link opened in Chrome. I knew I didn't install Chrome as a default browser, 'cause it asked me if I wanted to make it the default. So I double checked Chrome, and it says it is NOT the default.

The I noticed my K-Meleon, loader was missing from my sys tray.

So I went to F2 and preferences and tried to re-establish K-Meleon as default. But it didn't matter. Chrome still was acting like it was default.

I used revo-unistaller and uninstalled Chrome and voila, K-Meleon is the default, the links in the email open with K-Meleon and the loader icon is in my sys tray again.

So is there anyway to keep Chrome and K-Meleon? Or is Chrome just acting like a bully and taking over everything and that's normal?

I run Vista sp2 and K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2

It's no big deal, I don't really need Chrome, I was just wondering

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Chrome A Bully?
Posted by: Mathias
Date: June 23, 2011 07:41PM
Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 24, 2011 03:39PM
Posted by: margarita
Date: June 28, 2011 01:04PM
Date: July 09, 2011 10:53PM

Portable Chrome from http://portableapps.com/ works well for me 9on thos rare days I use it lol)

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Posted by: me1900
Date: July 29, 2011 11:28PM

are u serious? as in lightening quick on any dinosaur pc?

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 30, 2011 01:55AM

This mozilla FAQ talks about manually resetting your browser. SetBrowser is what I use and they mention it at the bottom of this article.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.