General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Cookie Monster with KM 1.1 beta?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 12, 2007 07:31PM

Will Cookie Monster work with the new 1.1 beta release? If so, where do I point Cookie Monster so that it sees the cookie file? Might I need a new version of Cookie Monster?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookie Monster with KM 1.1 beta?
Posted by: kko
Date: March 12, 2007 09:54PM

Will Cookie Monster work with the new 1.1 beta release?
Yes, why not? Why don't you try it?

If so, where do I point Cookie Monster so that it sees the cookie file?
To your profile directory?

Might I need a new version of Cookie Monster?
I don't know. We are developing K-Meleon here, not Cookie Monster.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 13, 2007 05:33AM

James,

Non K-Meleon extensions: We users are supposed to add these extensions ourselves. That is You - if You want to use it. If someone used it already You would find a description in Forum search. There is none and I only remember an older version of Cookie Culler that was sort of working for a privately build k-meleon 0.8.2.

Generally a Firefox extension is a Firefox extension - You cannot simply install it. So nobody just installs a Firefox extension to see what it is like. ppl that manage to get something going because they want to use it normally post their result (if they get it going).

And there is a big problem. The extension developers must have developed it to be compatible to K-Meleon. Most of them did not care whether You want to use it with SeaMonkey or K-Meleon. They developed it for their own use with Firefox. Extensions and Freeware browsers are not commercial products after all - but they are made because the creators want to use them themselves.

If You want to try Cookie Monster:

For macros You would use the example of the aggreg8 or mtypes macro
=aggreg8.kmm and mtypes.kmm respectively.

The basic process is described in:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,70165,70202#msg-70202

for problems and 1.02 in:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,70123,70129#msg-70129

thx for reading my post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2007 05:35AM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 13, 2007 08:46AM

@guenter,
Cookie Monster isn't a mozilla extension, but an external program.

@James

I have used cookie Monster with K-Meleon (if I remember it was with 0.8.2).

I had made some macro to integer it in K-Meleon. One to add a button and one to launch it after k-Meleon is closed (else K-Meleon unmake what Cookie Monster has made)

These macros can be found here

Unfortunately, the macro system has changed, and it will be necessary to update these macros to make it work correctly with K-Meleon.

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: March 13, 2007 09:58AM

@ alain, thx for correcting me.

Date: March 14, 2007 07:55PM

Thanks for the info.
I have used Cookie Monster with KM 1.02 for a while. I just point CM to my "slt" file. Problem is that in KM 1.1 I can't find a slt file. I assume cookies are now stored in some new way. Does someone know where the information that used to be stored in the slt file is stored in KM 1.1?
The new KM 1.1 is great but I wish to preserve just one or two useful cookies and delete the rest. KM 1.1 will do this only if you search the entire list each time and delete only the cookies you don't wan't to keep. This is very time comsuming when the list contains a hundred or more cookies.

Date: March 14, 2007 08:47PM

James, if you haven't add a profile.ini in K-Meleon root folder, the profiles are now set under your windows user folder.

c:\Documents & Settings\<win_user>\Applications Data\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\xxxxxx.slt

and the file is always cookies.txt

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: March 14, 2007 11:12PM

Thanks Jujuland. That is exactly where my profile is located.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 15, 2007 03:46AM

Jujuland,

Aach. There it is again. Setting the default for K-Meleon in the Windows folder instead of in the K-Meleon folder. I think the default should be the opposite, as it was before this concept came up. Now I have to go back and delete the install, remember to put a profile.ini file in the app folder and start working with it all over again.

OR can't we have the profile.ini file on some kind of toggle? Either in the browser under say Tools or as part of the setup procedure?

N

Date: March 15, 2007 04:48AM

ndebord - win95/98/ME is the minority OS now - all others better have new default.
Remember that it was an often asked how too get it working when NT systems were rare. If we used other default now - while most ppl use xp - it would become a FAQ.

When You do not UN-select multy user it creates no profile.ini (AFAIK).

If You forgot?

No, You do not have to reinstall or anything; You just create a profile.ini in k-meleon setup folder - no perquisites what must be written inside - You can even create and use an empty file (like me) :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2007 04:49AM by guenter.

Date: March 15, 2007 02:06PM

I don't think I had a choice where it put my profile. I did not have an install program, but had a 7z file instead. I don't think location matters too much unless you run different versions of K-Meleon. Then I could see the need to keep profile with the program.

I have gotten Cookie Monster to work with both my 1.02 and my 1.1 versions at the same time. The KM 1.02 is in the normal place on CM's setup and I put the pointer for KM 1.1 in the Netscape line in setup. I can tell which KM made the cookie because the KM 1.1 get a netscape symbol in CM.

Date: March 15, 2007 04:43PM

I don't think I had a choice where it put my profile. I did not have an install program, but had a 7z file instead.
Yes you have the choice, even with a 7z file, before launching the first time you just need to create a profile.ini file in K-Meleon root folder:

[Profile]
path=Profiles
isrelative=1

I don't think location matters too much unless you run different versions of K-Meleon. Then I could see the need to keep profile with the program.

I don't agree, because, if versions has uncompatables files, you can broke previous version profile or have errors when launching new version.

So, as ndebord says, I think that for 7z files, profile.ini ought to be include in the package.

For setup, I think the user localization is better, because users can change it (if they read want is choosen by default) and as says guenter (who doesn't use XP but w98 as me and ndebord) the more users have XP, and it's then a better choice.

I'll probably make an extension to add the possibility to toggle profile localization.

A+

Date: March 15, 2007 06:52PM

Alain,

An extension to toggle profile.ini would be a nice addition to the browser IMO. Even though I am now running a W98se legacy laptop, I am adding an XP Pro one too.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2007 06:54PM by ndebord.

Posted by: desga_2
Date: March 15, 2007 09:02PM

ndebord
An extension to toggle profile.ini would be a nice addition to the browser IMO. Even though I am now running a W98se legacy laptop, I am adding an XP Pro one too.

This is easy, you only rename profile.ini to profile.bak when you don't like use it (local profile).

Greetings.

Date: March 15, 2007 11:14PM

desga_2,

Except that profile.ini does not exist in the program folder if you extract this version from the 7zip file.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.