General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
maximizing K-Meleon
Posted by: shakushinnen
Date: March 13, 2007 02:21PM

Hi,
When I click on a link in an e-mail K-Meleon starts up, but does not open, i.e. you see it in the system tray. If I double click on this it will open. Is there a way of getting K-Meleon to open maximized when I click on a link. I have posted about this problem many times, but have never been able to solve it.
Thanks,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: maximizing K-Meleon
Posted by: desga_2
Date: March 13, 2007 04:42PM

Please, we needed more info; K-Meleon version, Operative System, e-mail client, ...

Thanks.

Date: March 14, 2007 02:41PM

Hi Desga,
I now realize that I have this wrong. It's not that K-Meleon is not opening correctly, maximized. It's that it is not opening above the other applications I have open. Can I get it to open above everything else?
(I'm using windows 98SE and Foxmail. I do not have IE installed.)
Thanks,
John

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 15, 2007 02:56AM

I don't think Win98 is the problem. I have Win98SE on a laptop and KM 1.02. I use outlook express and clicking on a html link brings up KM on top of Outlook Express.

Does clicking on another type of link bring up that software with focus? I.E. does clicking on a media file attachment bring up the media player on top of Foxmail?

Date: March 16, 2007 03:48PM

Hi James,
Well, when I open a jpeg within Foxmail, it opens on top. When I open a jpeg in Outlook, it opens on top. (I'm using Irfanview.) (Hyperlinks do not respond in Outlook. I suspect because I don't have IE installed.) I also fired up Firefox, to see if it behaves similarly, and it does not, i.e. hyperlinks open Firefox on top.
Another thing I've noticed, which may be totally unrelated. Yesterday I had a lot of trouble getting this forum to work. Pages refused open, or were blank. It just seemed unresponsive. Today, I had to use the back button and reclick on the forum name and the post name to get them to open, i.e. it took 2 tries to get each to open. I tried Firefox and it took only once, maybe a fluke.
John

Date: March 16, 2007 04:04PM

Hi James,
Well, when I open a jpeg within Foxmail, it opens on top. When I open a jpeg in Outlook, it opens on top. (I'm using Irfanview.) (Hyperlinks do not respond in Outlook. I suspect because I don't have IE installed.) I also fired up Firefox, to see if it behaves similarly, and it does not, i.e. hyperlinks open Firefox on top.
Another thing I've noticed, which may be totally unrelated. Yesterday I had a lot of trouble getting this forum to work. Pages refused open, or were blank. It just seemed unresponsive. Today, I had to use the back button and reclick on the forum name and the post name to get them to open, i.e. it took 2 tries to get each to open. I tried Firefox and it took only once, maybe a fluke.
CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS MESSAGE - FIREFOX IS ALSO HAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS SITE.
John
P.S. This message is being posted from Firefox. I had no indication that the previous message was posted, when I was in K-Meleon.

Date: March 16, 2007 11:07PM

Hi John,

I had the same problem with the forum. I would click on preview and get a blank page. Some of the time when I would click on post I would get a blank page. I finally put in a message to forum admin, but I have not heard anything from them. I hope this works today. I also had a post show up after getting a blank page.

When you say that hyperlinks do respond in Outlook what, if anything, happens when you click on one? Is K-Meleon your default browser?

James

Date: March 17, 2007 03:06AM

Hi James,
When I click on hyperlinks in Outlook, nothing happens, nada, nyet - nothing. I assume this is because IE and Outlook Express are intimately connected. I removed IE a while ago using 98lite by Shane Brooks.
John
P.S. I often get the message below when trying to post.......

"Anti-spam software on this server has detected that your message might be spam. Therefore, your message has been blocked. If your message was not a spam message, then we apologize for the inconvenience that blocking it might have caused. If you keep having problems with your messages being blocked, please contact the site administrator for help.

Note: If you have disabled JavaScript within your browser or if your browser does not support JavaScript at all, then this might be the reason why your message was blocked. Some of the anti-spam measures are dependent on JavaScript."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2007 03:11AM by shakushinnen.

Date: March 17, 2007 12:50PM

Hello John,

I have gotten Foxmail 6 beta 4 and will try to see what happens when I get it installed. I don't run Outlook, just Outlook Express, and my K-Meleon is default browser. Maybe later today I will know something. Right now, my wife says I have to take her shopping.

That anti-spam message is the same one I got. It took me two tries to get into the general today. First try got a blank page.

James

Date: March 17, 2007 03:31PM

Hi James,
Top o' the mornin to ya!
The version of Foxmail I'm using is 5.0.800. You can get it at Majorgeeks http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2055
I'm also using Outlook Express, version 5.5
I don't think that these are the problem though. It seem like there's an instruction missing that tells K-Meleon to open on top???
John
P.S. Thanks for hanging in with me on this.
My short foray into the land of Firefox was sufficient reminder as to why I stick with K-Meleon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2007 03:35PM by shakushinnen.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 17, 2007 05:43PM

- Problem in Forum to load pages, see;
This thread of forum

- Problem with Anti-spam message, see;
This thread of forum

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: March 17, 2007 08:11PM

Hi John,

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that on my Win 98 laptop with K-Meleon 1.02 as default browser, clicking on a link brings up K-Melon maximized and with focus. The bad news is that this does not answer your question of why yours does not get focus. I am running Foxmail 6 beta 4 and I think you are running 5.0.8 I don't know if the different versions account for the different results or not.

Took me a while to get Foxmail set up because I cannot read their help files. Do you know if they have helpfiles avaiable in English?

I am still having some blank screens with the forum.

Date: March 17, 2007 10:58PM

John,

I got the 5.0.8 version of Foxmail and replaced the ver 6 on my laptop. There was no change in how K-Meleon opened a link. It was maximized and on top. I do not know why your system is not giving it focus. It is a lot eaiser when the help file is in a language you can read.

I will look in the userperfs in K-Meleon for focus, but I don't remember one being there.

I would have had this to you 2 hours ago, but I am still having problems with this forum.

James

Date: March 18, 2007 04:11AM

Thanks Desga,
That helps to explain what I'm seeing.
Hi James,
Thanks for doing this. This has been one of those niggling little irritations for a long time. I'm not sure we can justify more time on it. It's hardly a big problem.
Thanks again,
John

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.