General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Edit Bookmark
Posted by: MDEMICHELI
Date: March 28, 2007 08:48AM

I am a new user to K-Meleon so I don't know if the problem should report as a bug.

When I Edit a bookmark and rigth-click on an entry I am offered the choice to "Set as new toolbar folder" or -- New bookmark folder or -- New bookmar menu.
If I select one of these choices I am unable to undo it.
By the way selecting "Set as New bookmar menu" prooves rather confusing so I had to delete all entries.

I use the 1.02 french version so the question is about:
Signets / Edition / Clic droit
Comment décocher
"Définir comme dossier Barre d'outil"
ou "Définir comme Nouveau Dossier Signet3
ou "Définir comme Menu Signet" ?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Edit Bookmark
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 28, 2007 01:48PM

I looked with de-AT (German) // totally different words again :-)

I do not use the managing item that You mention often but AFAIK the three items You describe are active only when You have chosen to activate an extra visible toolbar via Advanced Preferences ( the setting makes visible an extra bookmarks toolbar - Barre des Signets? - and I do not use that extra bar). When I do not use the extra bar - 3 items in the right-click-managing-menu for my bookmarks are always greyed out and I cannot use them. When the bar is active - the 3 items are black=active and create the described items.

Greetings to beautiful FR from DE

p. s. IMHO later today You will also get a French answer by alain (jujuland) who maintains the French version.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 28, 2007 07:57PM

Il me semble que la traduction est correcte.

Le premier choix permet de choisir le dossier de Bookmarks qui va être affiché dans la barre des signets

Le deuxième choix permet de définir le dossier qui sera affiché dans le menu Signets

Le troisième choix sera le menu qui sera affiché sous le bouton de la barre d'outils des signets.

Il me semble que dans la 1.02, c'est codé en dur dans le fichier bookmarks, et il est alors difficile voir impossible de changer ça sans aller mettre les mains dans le fichier bookmarks, alors que pour la 1.1, c'est fait différemment (me demande pas comment, pose plutôt la question à kko) :-)

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2007 07:58PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: kko
Date: March 28, 2007 10:27PM

MDEMICHELI
When I Edit a bookmark and rigth-click on an entry I am offered the choice to "Set as new toolbar folder" or -- New bookmark folder or -- New bookmar menu.
If I select one of these choices I am unable to undo it.

All three folders have to be set. Consequently, you cannot 'unset' a folder, you can only set a different folder.

Note:
- When you change the Bookmark Menu folder, make sure that the other two folders are subfolders of it. Otherwise you might get strange results.
- Do not use the Bookmarks Edit Dialog and Advanced Preferences at the same time (during the same session) to change these folders. (This is causing the problems you observed some weeks ago, Alain)

Il me semble que la traduction est correcte.
I'm not quite sure, but my French is very limited. winking smiley

EN: Set as Toolbar Folder
FR: Définir comme dossier Barre d'outil
...permet de choisir le dossier de Bookmarks qui va être affiché dans la barre des signets
This translation is correct, as far as I understand. And Alain's explanation is correct too.
In DE, I've called it something like this: Dossier pour la barre des signets

EN: Set as New Bookmark Folder
FR: Définir comme Nouveau Dossier Signet
...permet de définir le dossier qui sera affiché dans le menu Signets
I'm not sure whether this translation is correct, at least Alain's explanation is not since the New Bookmark Folder is the folder where new bookmarks are created when the New Bookmarks Dialog is disabled. This dialog is normally enabled and when you add a page to your bookmarks, you are asked where (in which folder) you want to create it. When the dialog is disabled (in Advanced Preferences), new bookmarks are automatically created in the New Bookmark Folder without any confirmation.
In DE, I've called it something like this: Dossier pour des nouveaux signets

EN: Set as Bookmark Menu
FR: Définir comme Menu Signet
...sera le menu qui sera affiché sous le bouton de la barre d'outils des signets
This translation is correct, as far as I understand. The contents of this folder is displayed in the bookmarks menu, in the main menu as well as in the toolbar button's popup menu.
In DE, I've called it something like this: Dossier pour le menu Signets

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 29, 2007 01:36PM

Ok, mon erreur est sur la deuxième chaîne:

Set as New Bookmark Folder doit bien être traduit comme Définir le nouveau dossier Signet, mais l'explication est erronée, et aurait du être:
sera le menu par défaut qui sera proposé lors de la création d'un nouvel onglet.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: MDEMICHELI
Date: April 03, 2007 01:57PM

Thank you for your answers.

As for me, the translation is good, but the choices deserve more explanations. I was unable to locate the information in the user's guide.

For example I missed the point that each choice applies to one and only one folder.

Thanks again and good bye . . . I have some 'signets' to customize.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.