Posted by: leopoldus
Date: July 11, 2011 07:33AM

I've found some instructions how to install spellcheckers
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/SpellChecker?version=7
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,98107
http://extensions.geckozone.org/KMES-SpellCheckEn
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,80023

and have followed them quite accurately under mt K-Meleon 1.6 beta.
However I don't see any changes in my K-Meleon: it does not react to typos any way. May be I don't understand, how to use it?
Well, I know, that my question is stupid, but after years of using other browsers as Opera, FF and Google Chrom I'm a newby with K-Meleon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 06:34AM by leopoldus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how I use a spellchecker in K-Meleon
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 11, 2011 08:32AM

There are two spellchecker plugins that are for different versions of K-Meleon.
Make sure that You have the right one & that You place all components into the right location. The dll must be placed into folder kplugins and the kmm into macros.

Spell Check 2 is needed for any K-Meleon 1.6beta or 1.7 alpha version. That is the spell checker version plugin for K-Meleon versions that use Gecko Rendering Engines 1.9.1x and 1.9.2.x.

Some of the links You posted are referring to the original version, Spell Check, that is made for & only works with K-Meleon versions up to K-Meleon 1.5.4 that use the Gecko Rendering Engine 1.8.x.

Greetings from Germany

Date: July 11, 2011 03:40PM

guenter
There are two spellchecker plugins that are for different versions of K-Meleon.
/.../ Some of the links You posted are referring to the original version, Spell Check, that is made for & only works with K-Meleon versions up to K-Meleon 1.5.4 that use the Gecko Rendering Engine 1.8.x.
Well, I see it. However those unneeded files I've copied into folders by mistake should not block the work of the correct spellcheker, should they?
BTW you haven't answered my question: wich way this spellchecker shoud work? May be it does work now, but I simply don't know how to use it?
Thanks!

Posted by: siria
Date: July 11, 2011 04:57PM

Not sure about "old" spellchecker files in KM1.6, if it harms, but would think this can well cause problems... Better remove them.

leopoldus
I've found some instructions how to install spellcheckers
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/SpellChecker?version=7

If you look at that url, it is an outdated "version" of the page! Please remove the stuff after "...checker" to see the current page. The website is badly outdated as it is for most pages, no need to even load yet older wiki versions :-/ Suppose you got that old link from google, which keeps the old versions 'alive' sad smiley
If you find multiple threads in the forum, check the date too and read the youngest first, the older ones are probably outdated.

Yes, that's the most up-to-date I'd say. As guenter said already, it contains the "spellchecker 2" version for KM1.6, which is FAR easier to install than the version for KM1.5! Just unzip the download and put the few files into the corresponding folders, no other actions necessary.

If anyone wants install the more complicated version for KM1.5, better use the KEM-manager to easier install extensions/macros. That's also found on Disrupted's kmext-site.
Or perhaps the geckozone "exe"-installer works 'alone' too, no idea.

leopoldus
wich way this spellchecker shoud work? May be it does work now, but I simply don't know how to use it?

It shows thin red underlines in text input areas. If you right click in that area, the popup menu should offer something with "Spellcheck" or similar.
If you don't see the red underlines, you either have it switched off completely, or your 'old' 1.5 spellchecker plugin gives a prob in KM1.6, or you need to open the kmm-file (macros folder) and change the dictionaries path from "...Dictionaries" to "...dictionaries", as the actual folder name is. There was someone else who needed to correct that to get it working, some time ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 06:31PM by siria.

Date: July 11, 2011 10:48PM

siria
or you need to open the kmm-file (macros folder) and change the dictionaries path from "...Dictionaries" to "...dictionaries", as the actual folder name is.

Sorry, but what shoud be the name of this .kmm file the folder K-Meleon\macros? The only file there, which could be connected in any way to the spellchecking, is the KMEShelper.kmm, but there is no any paths at all inside this file.:O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 10:48PM by leopoldus.

Spellchecker for K-Meleon 1.6/1.7
Date: July 11, 2011 11:18PM

speltest.kmm 702 bite is in macros / it is identical for both versions
spelltest.dll version 0.8 has 84.480 bite is in kplugins
spelltest.kml the language file that makes that You can get for example German menus.
It is in ./locales/de-de/ or in another user locale.
spellchecker.ini responsible for install/deinstall it is in kmextensions

kplugins folder does also contain the plugin source.

When the download is extracted it has the mentioned four folders. Copy the folders to the K-Meleon root folder. That will place all files into the right position.

This picture shows the situation during a manual install just before the copying.

The package is really for installing with K-Meleon extension manager that automatically chooses the right place for each file.

p.s spelltest.dll version 0.7 is smaller 44.544 bite

Spelltest.dll and macro make that You can use menu, chance dictionary etc.

The actuall spellchecking (underlining wrong words red) is done by components of the GRE (1.9.1/1.9.2) and the dictionaries. You can add extra dictionaries e.g. Estonian or German even if You use the browser in English.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 11:50AM by guenter.

Attachments: spell.gif (14 KB)  
Date: July 11, 2011 11:44PM

leopoldus
Sorry, but what shoud be the name of this .kmm file the folder K-Meleon\macros? The only file there, which could be connected in any way to the spellchecking, is the KMEShelper.kmm, but there is no any paths at all inside this file.:O

That would explain why it doesn't work for you - you don't have it installed! grinning smiley The kmm starts with "spell..."
But oops... after checking again, that "dictionaries" path is only in the kmm-version for 1.5!! Sorry ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 11:50PM by siria.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 12, 2011 11:23AM

Well, presence of KMESHELPER is a sign you have use my installer for one extension) not obviously spellchecker. My version hasn't been updated, and it's perhaps the reason why it doesn't work (not compatible with 1.6.0b and 1.7.0a)

If you have acces to menu tools>Extension Manager, you can probably find in one submenu (don't remember) spellchecker extension.
Open it, and close with cancel and confirm the uninstall.

After, install Disrupted version.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Re: Spellchecker for K-Meleon 1.6/1.7
Date: July 12, 2011 11:34AM

guenter
speltest.kmm 702 bite is in macros / it is identical for both versions
spelltest.dll version 0.8 has 84.480 bite is in kplugins
spelltest.kml the language file that makes that You can get for example German menus.
It is in ./locales/de-de/ or in another user locale.
spellchecker.ini responsible for install/deinstall it is in kmextensions

kplugins folder does also contain the plugin source.

Well, seems that all these files are at the correct places in my K-Meleon folder. And I've removed all files added by the older version of spellchecker as well - just in order to grant the pure environment.
However spellchecking does not work sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 11:41AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 12, 2011 12:21PM

leopoldus

However spellchecking does not work sad smiley

As said before. With GRE 1.9.1.X/K-Meleon 1.6 the actual spellchecking is done by the presence of the dictionaries and the right, functional spellchk.dll in ./K-Meleon/components.

All previous answers took for granted that this is the case with Your copy of 1.6.

Your screenshot shows a K-Meleon 1.6 that does not have either the dictionaries or the spellchk.dll.
It only has the spelltest macro, kplugin &... installed.

For example http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins/1.9.1.19VC8FF.7z ships a fully usable GRE update for K-Meleon 1.6beta versions including these files that are the prerequisite before You can successfully install & use the spelltest extension.

1.) Download, check for virus with Your own software & Unpack the 1.9.1.19VC8FF.7z into an empty folder.
2.)Then create a spare copy of Your 1.6beta. Do not experiment with Your usable copy.
3.)Then copy all the 1.9.1.19VC8FF files on top of the spare copy.
That replaces each GRE file and adds some new ones.
4.)Then go to ./components and delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat ebfore You start the browser.
5.)You get a copy of 1.6 that is partly updated plus should be able to spellcheck.

If the procedure was a success You can replace Your original copy with it, if You want.

If that does not work I cannot help You and do not know the reason for the problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 01:14PM by guenter.

Date: July 12, 2011 06:10PM

That update sounds interesting smiling smiley
Anyway, I'd first do this:

1) look in F2 > K-Meleon Plugins if "spelltest" is checked?

2) delete the 2 dat-files in the components folder and restart KM

3) go to about:config and check if perhaps the spellchecker is simply disabled, although this is rather unlikely. Can only have been switched off manually before. Anyway, filter for "spell" and look if perhaps plugins are disabled or one of the other prefs below isn't right.

(just copied the prefs description in my old spellprefs-macro)
# spellchecker.dictionary (en-GB, fr-FR, etc.) Only works if a xx-XX.dic is in folder!
# layout.spellcheckDefault (0/1/2) (Spellchecker Off / On / On with titles)
# (note: has replaced "Layout.textarea.spellcheckDefault" in gecko in 2006)
# extensions.spellcheck.inline.max-misspellings (How many words to underline / speed?)
# ui.SpellCheckerUnderlineStyle (0,1,2,3,4,5 - dotted, double, wavy... / Needs KM 1.7)
# ui.SpellCheckerUnderlineRelativeSize (default: 100 =% / Needs KM 1.7)
# ui.SpellCheckerUnderline (Color, e.g. red, blue, orange, #FF000, whatever/ Needs KM 1.7)
# kmeleon.plugins.spelltest.dictDir (allows to choose another dictionaries path)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 07:16PM by siria.

Date: July 12, 2011 07:27PM

JujuLand
Well, presence of KMESHELPER is a sign you have use my installer for one extension) not obviously spellchecker. My version hasn't been updated, and it's perhaps the reason why it doesn't work (not compatible with 1.6.0b and 1.7.0a)
After, install Disrupted version.

Sorry, what do you mean under "Disrupted version"? Thanks!

BTW, let's look at the name of the installator of Mark307's spellchecker extension K-Ext(1.1-1.5-1.6)_SpellCheck(0.3.0.0).exe it says, that it should be comaptible with version 1.6 as well, doesn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 07:27PM by leopoldus.

Posted by: deadlock
Date: July 12, 2011 09:04PM

@leopoldus

A) You need red lines under misspelled words.

Those red lines may require spellchecker.xpt and
spellchk.dll in /components and a dictionary. They
have nothing to do with spelltest.dll and spelltest.kmm.

There are several preference-values in about:config.
Enter spell in about:config and look for yourself.

cool smiley Look if you have downloaded a dictionary:
<K-Meleon-Folder>/dictionaries/en-US.dic

C) You don't need another spelltest version,
your screenshot has shown that it is compatible.

Date: July 12, 2011 09:28PM

siria
That update sounds interesting smiling smiley

There are several test builds of 1.9.1 GRE updates on http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins/ But be carfull when You use them they may or may not work on Your system. tongue sticking out smiley

leopoldus

Sorry, what do you mean under "Disrupted version"? Thanks!

BTW, let's look at the name of the installator of Mark307's spellchecker extension K-Ext(1.1-1.5-1.6)_SpellCheck(0.3.0.0).exe it says, that it should be comaptible with version 1.6 as well, doesn't it?

1.) Means disrupted's version of the installer. There are two installer systems.
The kplugin is always created & compiled by Mark307.

2.) Is definitely a typo/error. And version 0.3.0.0 or better 0.0.3 is quite old. Mark307 himself uses an extra zero which all other people leave away because his extension works so well. smiling smiley

The most recent versions are:

Spelltest 0.0.7 (& earlier versions) is for K-Meleon 1.1.x - 1.5.x
Spelltest 0.0.8 is for K-Meleon 1.6beta & 1.7alpha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 10:03PM by guenter.

Date: July 13, 2011 07:21AM

"Disrupted" = the guy who maintains the kmext-archive (kmext.sf.net), your 2nd link in very first post ;-)

Did an explorer search for "spell"-files in my installation KM1.6beta2, which obviously needs for spelling only this:

kplugins/spelltest.dll (date 2011-01-13,
- created by Mark, contained in Disrupted's extension on kmext.sf.net)
macros/SpellCheck.kmm (date 2011-04-04, dto.,
- only menu entry is renamed from "spell" to "Spell Check")
components/spellchk.dll (date 2010-12-11,
- included in KM1.6beta by default, by Mozilla?)
dictionaries/**-**.dic + /**-**.aff (en-US included in KM1.6beta by default)

The problem is IMHO that you installed the 1.5-version first in your 1.6 K-Meleon, and now there's a mixup.
Or you have manually disabled either the macro or the plugin or the spell function itself, this you can find out in URL "about:config"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 07:24AM by siria.

Date: July 13, 2011 07:23AM

Well, I'm quite confused, because you guys give me partly contradictory advises :O. Semms, that my problem is really complicated.

May be this additional information causes some new ideas?
Thanks!

Here are all lines with the string "*spell*" founded from:

1) K-Meleon installation folder and its subfolders.
[10 files and 0 directories found]
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\Extensions\un_SpellCheck.cmd
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kmextensions\spellchecker.ini
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kplugins\spelltest.dll   (file modification date is 2011-01-13)
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kplugins\src\spelltest-0.0.8-src.zip
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kplugins\src\spelltest.txt
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\de-DE\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\es-ES\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\fr-FR\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\others\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\macros\SpellCheck.kmm     (file modification date is 2011-04-04)

And two files of US English dictionary as well:
[2 files and 0 directories found]
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\dictionaries\en-US.aff
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\dictionaries\en-US.dic

2) about:config.
(excluded extra long lines "kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Last Session.window0.tab1" etc)
Preference Name 				Status		Type		Value
extensions.spellcheck.inline.max-misspellings	default		integer		200
kmeleon.MRU.URL7				user set	string		google.com
kmeleon.MRU.URL8				user set	string		g k-meleon how to spellcheck
kmeleon.plugins.spelltest.load			user set	boolean		false
layout.spellcheckDefault			default		integer		2
layout.textarea.spellcheckDefault		default		boolean		true
spellchecker.dictionary				default		string		en-US

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 08:13AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 13, 2011 07:34AM

Please check my post above, we posted at the same time grinning smiley
Your green files are not absolutely necessary for functioning but they don't harm either, you can keep them.

leopoldus
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\ Extensions\un_SpellCheck.cmd
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kmextensions\spellchecker.ini
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kplugins\spelltest.dll (check date)
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kplugins\src\spelltest-0.0.8-src.zip
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\kplugins\src\spelltest.txt
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\de-DE\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\es-ES\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\fr-FR\SpellTest.kml
\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\locales\others\SpellTest.kml

\K-Meleon v1.6 beta\macros\SpellCheck.kmm (check date)

2) about:config.
Preference Name 				Status		Type		Value
extensions.spellcheck.inline.max-misspellings	default		integer		200
kmeleon.plugins.spelltest.load			user set	boolean		false
layout.spellcheckDefault			default		integer		2
layout.textarea.spellcheckDefault		default		boolean		true
spellchecker.dictionary	default	string		en-US

What we say all the time, you have it disabled in your settings: plugin is "false"!
And your "components/spellchk.dll" seems missing?
What in the world is that "un_spell" thing?! Sounds suspicious...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 04:28PM by siria.

Date: July 13, 2011 07:52AM

siria
What we say all the time, you have it disabled in your settings: plugin is "false"!

Yes, I agree. However I've just toggled the meaning of this string to "True" and restarted K-Meleon. But there is no any effect sad smiley

siria
And your "components/spellchk.dll" seems missing?

I've found in my backup copy the file components/spellchk.dll, but it has the old modificaton date 2007-10-30. Copied it into the components folder and restarted, no effect.
Have no any idea, what archive I take it from Well, I've taken it from this older archive: http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/spellcheck.7z.
But where should I take a newer spellchk.dll?

siria
What in the world is that "un_spell" thing?! Sounds suspicious...

Have no any idea, obviously from some installator or archive I've tried during this process.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 08:16AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 13, 2011 09:41AM

Just read my post from 9:21h, it says where to get the needed files.
First make sure to have those correct files with matching dates, no use to try with the old versions still.
Rememberthat after modifying the componenta folder, you always must delete the 2 *.dat files in it and restart KM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 09:49AM by siria.

Date: July 13, 2011 05:07PM

leopoldus

I've found in my backup copy the file components/spellchk.dll, but it has the old modificaton date 2007-10-30. Copied it into the components folder and restarted, no effect.

1.) Right Click on Your dll and choose properties. The one You are trying to use belongs to K-Meleon 1.5.4. I have the same with that browser version. The version is GRE 1.8.1.9 Date 2007 10 30. It cannot work for K-Meleon 1.6.

You need Version for GRE 1.9.1.18 or newer. I posted a link to a GRE 1.9.1.19 that includes the right files. Why did not You try with that?

Anyway I have attached the dll that I am using with K-Meleon 1.6 now.

Remember to delete the compreg.dat an xpti.dat after You added the file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 05:10PM by guenter.

Attachments: spellchk.dll (188 KB)  
Date: July 13, 2011 08:11PM

Spellchecking works now! Thank you all, siria, guenter and all other people! smiling smiley

Just to know the next time: where I can get this file spellchk.dll? This time I have used the copy kindly attached by guenter to him last post, but where he has taken it from? Sira has referred to his post of from 9:21h, but actually in KM1.6beta does not include this file, but there a file \components\spellchk.dll with other parameters: modification date is 2010/10/12 and size is 141 312 byte.

And now one more trouble: now K-Meleon underlines misspellings with a red line, but it does not offer a list of correct spellings in the context menu by the click of the mouse right button. Before with K-Meleon 1.5.3 I've used Mark307's extension

but as I've understood from our previous discussion, this extension will not work with K-Meleon 1.6 beta?

And one small question. I've deleted manually files \K-Meleon v1.6 beta\components\xpti.dat and \K-Meleon v1.6 beta\components\compreg.dat, as I was advised, but after restarting K-Meleon these two files were recreated there again. It is OK?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 06:42AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 13, 2011 10:31PM

leopoldus
Spellchecking works now!

UFF, finally! grinning smiley

leopoldus
where I can get this file spellchk.dll?
actually in KM1.6beta does not include this file, but there a file \components\spellchk.dll with other parameters: modification date is 2010/10/12 and size is 141 312 byte.

Odd, why do you get another date? Mine is 2010-12-11, and I even checked again and downloaded from your beta2-link. Again it contains the file dated 2010-12-11. The filesize is the same.

leopoldus
And now one more trouble: now K-Meleon underlines misspellings with a red line, but it does not offer a list of correct spellings in the context menu by the click of the mouse right button.

That's a minor bug in 1.6-version that Mark couldn't fix yet. The workaround is simple: One must first put the cursor inside the word, meaning left-click on it, then right-click...

leopoldus
I've deleted manually files \K-Meleon v1.6 beta\components\xpti.dat and \K-Meleon v1.6 beta\components\compreg.dat, as I was advised, but after restarting K-Meleon these two files were recreated there again. It is OK?

Yes, that is perfectly OK smiling smiley The purpose is just to update the content of these files. They are recreated automatically. If you look inside with an editor like notepad, they contain some listing of the components.

Date: July 14, 2011 09:37AM

siria
leopoldus
where I can get this file spellchk.dll?
actually in KM1.6beta does not include this file, but there a file \components\spellchk.dll with other parameters: modification date is 2010/10/12 and size is 141 312 byte.

Odd, why do you get another date? Mine is 2010-12-11, and I even checked again and downloaded from your beta2-link. Again it contains the file dated 2010-12-11. The filesize is the same.

Sorry, the date of the file is really 2010/12/11, it was my typo. However the file size 141 312 byte is quite different from the size of the file spellchk.dll attached to guenter's post - 192 512 bites.

siria
That's a minor bug in 1.6-version that Mark couldn't fix yet. The workaround is simple: One must first put the cursor inside the word, meaning left-click on it, then right-click...

That works, thanks! smiling smiley
Ideal solution would be to omit this extra click on the command "Spell Check" at all, as it is implemented in the most apllications as MS Word, FireFox etc. I mean, that the cotext menu being opened after the right click on the missplelled word could directy include all correct variants of spelling. But it is obviously noy possible in K-Meleon, right?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 09:47AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 14, 2011 08:46PM

leopoldus
However the file size 141 312 byte is quite different from the size of the file spellchk.dll attached to guenter's post - 192 512 bites.

I use GRE files that are optimized "-O2..." not "-01..." which makes them bigger.

& it is more convenient for me to post the one I use than to search an archive to post the original file.

p.s.

-O2 = favor speed
-O1 = favor small size

Date: July 15, 2011 04:31AM

I think (90% sure ;-) the spellchk.dll is part of the gecko engine, created by Mozilla. Guenter took a special KM version with an updated engine, therefore the different dates. But the slightly older file included in KM1.6beta2 works fine too, there's no need to install anything special just for spellchecking.

PS: Whoever edited the title here, I'd suggest to add "beta" in it. Have hopes that the second half of needed spellchecker files will be included in the final version out-of-the-box, seeing that the beta contains already half of them and a dictionary smiling smiley

To sum it up for current KM1.6BETA2:
- The red underlines of the spellchecker work automatically out-of-the-box, without adding *anything*!
- Unless a user has changed some configurations, or somehow inherited older spell files from KM1.5x or changed pref settings. Then things can get complicated to fix... :cool:
- To get the menu with the word suggestions, one must install (for BETA) the extension "Spell Check 2" from kmext.sf.net. Basically the engine only needs 2 of the additional files, the other included files are there to get a translated menu entry instead of "Spell Check", or contain information and source codes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 04:34AM by siria.

Date: July 15, 2011 06:37AM

siria
I think (90% sure ;-) the spellchk.dll is part of the gecko engine, created by Mozilla. Guenter took a special KM version with an updated engine, therefore the different dates. But the slightly older file included in KM1.6beta2 works fine too, there's no need to install anything special just for spellchecking.

1.) Absolutely 100% right/sure. spellchk.dll is part of the Gecko engine.

2.) No special K-Meleon version but merely an updated 1.9.1 GRE/engine build with the info that is in a tutorial in k-meleon wiki. grinning smiley

Date: July 15, 2011 06:40AM

siria
To get the menu with the word suggestions, one must install (for BETA) the extension "Spell Check 2" from kmext.sf.net. Basically the engine only needs 2 of the additional files, the other included files are there to get a translated menu entry instead of "Spell Check", or contain information and source codes.

Could you specify, which 2 files from the package are needed to grant word suggestion functionality?

siria
Whoever edited the title here, I'd suggest to add "beta" in it. Have hopes that the second half of needed spellchecker files will be included in the final version out-of-the-box, seeing that the beta contains already half of them and a dictionary

Is the title of this topic correct now?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 09:44AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 15, 2011 06:59PM

leopoldus

Could you specify, which 2 files from the package are needed to grant word suggestion functionality?

Is the title of this topic correct now?

1.) AFAIK: Spelltest.dll & kmm make the menus. The rest comes from spellcheck.dll.

2.) Marking the topic solved is a great idea and innovation that we did not have yet!

Thx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 07:03PM by guenter.

Date: July 15, 2011 10:14PM

Yes exactly smiling smiley
Let me quote myself again :cool: (with little additions)

KM1.6beta2, which obviously needs for spelling only this:

kplugins/spelltest.dll (date 2011-01-13 or newer)
(created by Mark, contained in Disrupted's extension "Spell Check 2" on kmext.sf.net)
macros/SpellCheck.kmm (date 2011-04-04 or newer)
(dto., by Mark and contained in "Spell Check 2", only Mark's menu "spell" is renamed to "Spell Check")

components/spellchk.dll (date 2010-12-11 or newer)
(included in KM1.6beta by default, created by Mozilla. PS: NOT needed for KM1.7 anymore)
dictionaries/**-**.dic + /**-**.aff
(included in KM1.6beta by default: "en-US")

The locale files and the source and info files have their purpose too of course, just not for spelling itself. The locale files translate the menu entries into other languages, the source code is for information and license reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 10:20PM by siria.

Posted by: Robert
Date: October 10, 2012 08:11PM

As a designer and someone who enjoys hacks I had an issue with this as well and after a couple of hours and reading through responses and blah blah; I now have a 10 min fix!

Install Spellcheck (under 1.
<or>
Install Spellcheck2 (1.6 up). If you don't have 1.6 go download it as it is great.

Get the spellchk.dll 1.9.1.4116 (link in description above). Open and extract to program files K-melon/components folder (or download "save" then copy/ paste it in the components folder), you have to to this for 1.6, "which I am running" as it will not install in here or have the updated file. I had a 1.9.1.3'''

If you did not DELETE the two Dat files go back into components folder and delete the two/close folders.

about:config/ double check that entries for spellers are true/enabled. You can checck here if you want, but if installed it will show as a right click on the misspelled word, but you'll be left clicking soon.

Go and mispell (<-- example, lol) on purpose nd DO THIS scroll to the stupid is as stupid does word and left (tap if pad) or left click to highlight, THEN AND ONLY DO THIS hold "Ctrl" and tap "Q" and there are 90% of the findings of closely matched non-injured words. I say 90% because I find it funny that the word "the" if spelled "te" will not show, but I believe a spell check is not needed for that and if so go back up to Forest Gump quote {smiling}}.

Enjoy one of the FASTEST browsers around. You can also tweak it as this was my interest. It uses an average of 7000k-32000k tops as compared to Chrome of 255,000k (one window, tow is 400,000k) on ram!

I also like the fact that this is one of the few that allows over 200 extensions and no resources to slow you down or take up ram.

Great work to all you guys and gal involved and to to us that like to tweak out Microsoft and do it our way...I did it my way!

Have fun and smile at it. Peace to you-Robert AKA: WASTED ACE

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.