General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
SHOW PAGE INFO?
Posted by: equinoxia2
Date: May 13, 2007 08:07PM

hi. i am new to k-meleon and i would like to know how to access and use the feature that is equivalent or nearest to "show page info" that is incorporated in netscape 7.1. would appreciate any help. thank you.

ken

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SHOW PAGE INFO?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 13, 2007 09:39PM

Ken, I don't have Netscape so I don't know what their page info shows. However if you right click on a page in K-Meleon there is a popup menu which has page propertes as an item. There is a bunch of information behind that link. Maybe it has what you are looking for.

Posted by: equinoxia2
Date: May 14, 2007 04:42AM

thank you james. i tried right clicking on a page and checked the options under "show properties," and the closest thing to "show page info" is the "show source code" feature, which just shows all the code for the page in their discrete strings. what i am looking for is the equivalent of that show page info tool that i had in netscape 7.1; it is a tabbed tool which allowed you to isolate and view the media links on a particular web page. in the release notes for k-meleon 0.8, it lists show page info as a new feature:

What's New, Improved and Fixed in This Release
New

* K-Meleon core
o Current Mozilla 1.5 code
o Bookmarks/Favorites/Hotlist nickname lookup from the URL bar
o Save individual frame in a frameset
o Show a context menu for pages with background image
o Show page info and frame info

do you think that 1.02 does not have this feature at all?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 14, 2007 11:52AM

Hi Ken,

Did you try the "links" option on the menu that pops up after clicking on page properties? When I try that on this page I can see in a list all of the links and and, as I move the mouse over each one, the URL behind each link. The title for this window is SHOW PAGE INFO. I am using KM 1.1RC1 but the same feature is in KM 1.02 except the window title is different. Your post said you were trying to isolate "media links". Does the Netscape separate media links from other links?

James

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 14, 2007 01:32PM

Netscape 7.x is a XUL browser. K-Meleon does not have many items with XUL Tabs.
AFAIK XUL items use considerable resources, can be developed fast and are cross platform. Our devs of old opted for Windows native widjets - which has advantages and disadvantages.

On Right click with 1.02 You can select one page that shows You the links:

This is a quote that shows the links that would be present for this page.

K-Meleon :: General :: SHOW PAGE INFO?

1. Home/News
2. Screenshots
3. Download
4. Documentation
5. Resources
6. Get Involved
7. Forum
8. Bugs
9. Development
10. Deutsch
11. http://www.sourceforge.net/
12. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/chongqed.php
13. General

with clickable links.

Others Windows can be called also: with the picture that are linked, used, Source code and cache info of this page. K-Meleon does not have all the items that are present in Netscape 7.x series. Only ones that seemsed essential to the K-Meleon devs are present.

0.8 already had ID_VIEW_PAGE_INFO and similar commands. I can not start while writing with 1.02 smiling smiley But I had a look into an old macros's cfg - but jsnj changed some locations when he created his great new 0.9 macro set. After him kko took care of that part of K-Meleon development we are now past 1.0, 1.02 at RC 1.1 so I am not sure whether all still works the same and is at the same place.

@James Netscape 7.2 has about the same Info as Mozilla 1.7 Series - I had a look, I have both on HDD still. It is a XUL Window with tabs for:

General, Forms, Links, Media, Security, Privacy.

E.g. General gives info about:

URL, Type, Render Mode, Source, Encoding, Size, Referring URL, Modified, Expires.

The others are also detailed.

equinoxia2 seems to look for the "Links Tab". We have that.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.