General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Is K-meleon 1.1 the browser you control?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 24, 2007 01:19AM

I edit the original message because I almost managed the problems with the new versión but there is one... that if the only way to solve it is editing with an HEX K-m... I'll do.

Is possible to disable the icons and feature of the zoom when an image is bigger than the browser size ??? I really hate it. I don't want an IE like browser... I already have my own macros to zoom in/out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 02:34AM by JohnHell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is K-meleon 1.1 the browser you control?
Posted by: kko
Date: May 24, 2007 12:02PM

This toggeling between the original size and 'fit to screen' by left-clicking into the image is a new feature of Gecko 1.8.1. I don't know any way to disable it. You can only determine which of both possibilities is the default when you open an image (Edit > Advanced Preferences > Page Display > Images: Resize large images to fit in the browser window).

Could you explain why this feature is so annoying to you? I mean, what reason do you have to left-click an image? Can't you simply not left-click the image when you don't want to toggle its size?

Date: May 24, 2007 02:38PM

Is annoying because I visit a huge number of websites for sharing pictures and is unavoidable the left click on them and what the...! is the browsing I do and no, I can't not use left click over them. It's necessary and I prefer tu use my own macros to zoom in/out.

And you say is a GE feature? sad smiley(( How can someone call it feature?

Oh, another thing I found uncontrollable of this KM version is the menu that appears when you have selected text. I have macros for them but... surprise, now you can't use them because appear different menus when you select text instead the defined by you sad smiley( Another GE "feature"?

Posted by: kko
Date: May 24, 2007 07:32PM

Is annoying because I visit a huge number of websites for sharing pictures and is unavoidable the left click on them and what the...! is the browsing I do and no, I can't not use left click over them. It's necessary and I prefer tu use my own macros to zoom in/out.

That does not answer my question. The toggle zoom feature is only available when you view an image in its own window i.e. there is only the image in the window and nothing else. Why is it then inavoidable to left-click the image when left-clicking did not do anything in Mozilla prior to 1.8.1?

Oh, another thing I found uncontrollable of this KM version is the menu that appears when you have selected text. I have macros for them but... surprise, now you can't use them because appear different menus when you select text instead the defined by you

Km 1.1 has a new menu for selected text because that's common. It's uncommon to show the document popup for selected text. Simply integrate your macros into the new menu. The contextual menus are defined at the bottom of the file:
\K-Meleon\defaults\settings\menus.cfg
This file contains the default menu configuration. Best don't edit this file. Better edit the menus.cfg in your profile directory (choose Edit > Configuration > Menus) and use the new menu syntax. Then you can reuse your customizations in later km versions and won't loose it when you install a new km on top of the old.

Date: May 24, 2007 09:18PM

Replying the first: I don't see pictures in an html page, of course, is more a personal browsing style. If I can't I'll live with it but is quite annoying, for me.

And the second, I found, yes...

I deleted all context menu because I have my own except those, as you pointed, that have been changed their definitions so I had to include inside them the references to my own definitions and... almost done.

(I have found writting this that a submenu doesn't appear... GRrrr)

You do this to drive me crazy, right? tongue sticking out smiley

Well, after the... obfuscation... I had with this new unrevealed mysteries I'm starting to tame this K-meleon (thank god).

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.