New USER
Posted by: me1900
Date: July 29, 2011 11:23PM

smiling smiley

Pleased to have found this nice light weight browser!!!. I was looking for this for ages. I hope I am not violating GNU just using it for personal browsing. I am not a programmer.

My pc is a mere 1.4ghz cpu, 32mb shared vram, 512 system ram old AMD Athlon xp cpu. Haveing browsers like this 8 or 9 years later than the pc was built is a blessing. Keep up the great work. I will happily ignore the tiny bugs just so the browser can keep up with my internet service. lol. What browser or any software has no bugs? Im looking at performance. V1.6 beta is this one. Its so customizable.

I could babble on but I had to say..... LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!grinning smiley

Re: New USER
Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 30, 2011 01:36AM

me1900
smiling smiley

Pleased to have found this nice light weight browser!!!. I was looking for this for ages. I hope I am not violating GNU just using it for personal browsing. I am not a programmer.

My pc is a mere 1.4ghz cpu, 32mb shared vram, 512 system ram old AMD Athlon xp cpu. Haveing browsers like this 8 or 9 years later than the pc was built is a blessing. Keep up the great work. I will happily ignore the tiny bugs just so the browser can keep up with my internet service. lol. What browser or any software has no bugs? Im looking at performance. V1.6 beta is this one. Its so customizable.

I could babble on but I had to say..... LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!grinning smiley

What operating system are you using, as that can make a difference in how you set up K-Meleon?

Lots of macros and extensions too. Look here, among other places.

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/

N

Re: New USER
Posted by: siria
Date: July 30, 2011 10:45PM

me1900
Haveing browsers like this 8 or 9 years later than the pc was built is a blessing. Keep up the great work. I will happily ignore the tiny bugs just so the browser can keep up with my internet service. lol. What browser or any software has no bugs? Im looking at performance. V1.6 beta is this one. Its so customizable.

Hehe, welcome, sounds like KM is the right browser for you grinning smiley
Hope you have fun with it! It's a bit different from others, which takes getting used to, e.g. many toolbar buttons have a handy options menu which pops up if you right-click on the button. May not be as intuitive as the usual little arrows next to buttons, but saves a lot of toolbar space :cool:
And some settings are hard to find, would recommend a tour around the pref sheets (F2) if you haven't done already, and a closer look at the Tools menu. In case of questions Help>FAQ has many answers, and the forum of course. Lots of beginner tips also here http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,97481

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.