K-meleon won't play videos
Posted by: chris
Date: August 02, 2011 03:16AM

I'm brand new to K-Meleon. I like it but when I try to play a video on a website the video won' start. What do I need to do?

Re: K-meleon won't play videos
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 02, 2011 01:10PM

What site (if you can tell) and what kind of video. At least post an example.

Without such information, we can't help.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 02, 2011 07:24PM

Yep. And perhaps you find some hint in Help>About plugins ? There's somewhere a pref to switch on the full path info.

If you use FF and that video works there, perhaps it shows more plugins in that info function? In that case you could copy over the missing one into K-Meleon/plugins folder.

Hmm, or perhaps Tools>Error console gives some clue...?

Posted by: km2
Date: August 02, 2011 07:38PM

Update to the last NPSWF32

(put to \plugins)

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/mplugs/

And check if adblock plus don't block ytube.
(JavaScript and cookie not needed).

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 02, 2011 10:15PM

chris
I like it but when I try to play a video on a website the video won' start.

What do I need to do?

Background: Browsers do not play videos themselves but use plugins or helper programs to play music, videos, java applets...

Mozilla/Netscape plugins are use by all browsers (except IE).
ActiveX "helper objects" are used by IE.
Windows ships some of these ActiveX objects but no Mozilla plugins.

You have to install the Mozilla Plugins for K-Meleon (other alternative browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.... will/can use them also).

That is why JohnHell answered with a question: which URL?
He wants to tell You which plugin You need to install for that page/video.
That is only possible sometimes and always easiest when You post the Url where the video that did not play is located.

A collection of browser plugins was collected by "disrupted" at his K-Meleon Extension Page.

The most common plugin used for showing video is the Flash player.

Best post the URL where the video did not play - if the info that has been posted already is not sufficient.

Greetings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 10:19PM by guenter.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 03, 2011 12:22AM

guenter
chris
I like it but when I try to play a video on a website the video won' start.

What do I need to do?

Background: Browsers do not play videos themselves but use plugins or helper programs to play music, videos, java applets...

Let's see with HTML5 winking smiley (not yet with K-meleon I guess)

But I found interesting, that, for example, Divx Web Player can route the HTML5 video tag to be managed by the plugin (!).

(As a said note, not interesting for most of us, sure, but I found Divx Web Player plugin in its 1.5 version it's the last working under Windows 2000. Useless info by JohnHell winking smiley)

EDIT: if anyone wants the plugins for Windows 2000, as is not installable on it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTOQTU6K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 12:31AM by JohnHell.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 03, 2011 10:44AM

JohnHell

Let's see with HTML5 winking smiley (not yet with K-meleon I guess)

But I found interesting, that, for example, Divx Web Player can route the HTML5 video tag to be managed by the plugin (!).

(As a said note, not interesting for most of us, sure, but I found Divx Web Player plugin in its 1.5 version it's the last working under Windows 2000. Useless info by JohnHell winking smiley)

EDIT: if anyone wants the plugins for Windows 2000, as is not installable on it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTOQTU6K

1.) smiling smiley It will become different with html 5 when/of K-Meleon goes to the GREs that support it.

2.) Nice find about that Divx player redirects the html5 video tag and thx for the upload.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 12:45PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.