bug
Posted by: bugy
Date: July 28, 2007 08:27AM
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bug
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 29, 2007 03:10PM

Thx for info.

A K-Meleon Update to GRE rv:1.8.1.6 is available. This is AFAIK comparable to fixes mentioned for Firefox 2.0.0.5. Please note that not all Firefox/Mozilla problems are from inside the GRE - so K-Meleon is not effected from all problems reported for other Mozilla browsers.

greetings to PL from DE - Yours guenter

p.s. i am afraid I have no IE installed here - so I was not able to test problems that need the presence of e.g. IE 7 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2007 03:25PM by guenter.

Posted by: bugy
Date: July 29, 2007 05:02PM

It's works on K 1.1

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 29, 2007 06:55PM

Sorry, But maybe I do not completely understand You.

I do not doubt that K-Meleon 1.1 was affected if You tell me that it was!

But I am talking about: K-Meleon/1.1.2; Please use the Update if You are concerned. 1.1 has older GRE than a K-Meleon with the update.

BTW. You posted about: Remote Command Exec (FireFox 2.0.0.5 et al) by Billy (BK) Rios which IMHO is a IE 7 thing ( AFAIK that is a Microsoft bug mostly and not a Mozilla bug if You look at the reasons. IMHO Mozilla has a habit of patching all things even if it is not their bugs.).

Greetings from Hannover,
guenter

p.s. Let me talk OT a little.

I use a Microsoft OS because I believe that it has a really good core.
But IMHO by default it is not configured well.

So what can I say much from personal experience about bugs that come from IMHO wrong Windows settings e.g. from an IE 7 that should not be integrated so deeply into the OS at the first place sad smiley

IMHO this is no security problem for me smiling smiley

I have deinstalled, deactivated or not installed many of the "goodies" that Microsoft ships in an attempt to create an "egg-laying, wool-milk pig". They shipped an OS configured e.g. both for intra and Internet - which is impossible because one is a save net and the other is not. I have not had activated scripting host and other "goodies" for long.

I use Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070727 K-Meleon/1.1.2 (ax). This is an updated German K-Meleon version. So I closed this before mentioned Mozilla bug (if there was one that is a K-Meleon bug). And I do not have the Microsoft Programs e.g. IE 7 installed which are needed to create the bug/problem smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2007 07:09PM by guenter.

Posted by: bug
Date: July 29, 2007 07:36PM

This bug works with 1.1 but not with 1.1.2. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.