General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
importing opera bookmarks
Posted by: sova
Date: July 22, 2007 02:12PM

I want to import my bookmarks from Opera. I have gone under Bookmarks and Edit and hit "import favorites", but it just imports what I had from Internet Explorer. How do I import from Opera?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: importing opera bookmarks
Posted by: ACM
Date: July 22, 2007 02:20PM
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 22, 2007 02:32PM

K-Meleon supports Hotlist, Netscape bookmarks and IE Favorites natively You do not have to import any type of bookmark. For Hotlist and bookmarks AFAIK You can copy the files to Your profile and that is all have to do.

Activate the k-meleon plugin for hotlist support and copy opera.adr from Opera to Your used K-Meleon profile. Else direct the Hotlist plugin to find Your Opera folder via the specific dialogue in Preferences > Plugins > Hotlist.

Date: July 22, 2007 04:39PM

Can you be more specific on how to activate the k-meleon plugin and copy the opera.adr to the "used K-meleon profile"? I'm just not having any luck doing this. Thanks again.

Posted by: cisiodon
Date: July 23, 2007 12:00AM

HI Sova,
Please copy opera.adr to Drive:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Application Data\K-Meleon\default\something.slt.

Then enable the Hotlist Plugin.

That is all.
Mike

Posted by: Nelly
Date: July 23, 2007 06:36AM

You should give Bookmark Base a try. It supports Opera <==> K-Meleon bookmarks conversion.

Posted by: kko
Date: July 23, 2007 11:48AM

See the FAQ.

The Opera 9 compatibility problem should be fixed with the coming K-Meleon 1.11 update. A beta is available here.

Date: July 23, 2007 07:46PM

thanks to everyone who answered my query. I finally solved it by using Bookmark Converter. It's easy, quick and free. ( I just couldn't manage the other solutions..:-(

Posted by: Ita
Date: July 25, 2007 04:03AM

ACM, of the 2 newest versions from this http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=29922&package_id=22152
page you list which should I download?
Thanks

Posted by: ACM
Date: July 30, 2007 11:03PM

Hi, Ita.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Only today I came back to this topic. You shoud download the full one, since your system may not have some needed dlls for the program to work.

Also, perhaps you may take an interest in giving a try to Bookmark Converter (synchronizer as well). I guess it's the best of its kind. It's shareware, but fully functional. Here it is the address:

http://www.magnusbrading.com/bmc

Regards.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.