General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Kmeleon 1.1.2 questiom
Posted by: leveck
Date: August 23, 2007 09:23PM

Why no favorites plugin? I tried to add it in Preferences but when I restart the browser favorites plugin not there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kmeleon 1.1.2 questiom
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 24, 2007 12:49AM

@ leveck

When you go to EDIT PREFERENCES PLUGINS what color is the box by I.E. Favorites and does it have a checkmark in the box?

Also sometimes helps if we know your operating system.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: August 24, 2007 01:36AM

One other thing - location of Favorites. I had a problem when I moved to Windwoes XP, K-M did not immediately look in C:\Documents and Settings\Matera the Mad\Favorites - it thought that my faves should be in C:\Windows\Favorites like in the good old days. So did I, frankly, since I was going to be using K-M in any of several different accounts, so I put them there. I occasionally sync the user-dir faves in case I need to use IE for something.

But you should be able to steer it to where yours are in the Advenced preferences...I think...I have had problems with settings that I had to edit in with K-M closed - just a thing or two.

Date: August 24, 2007 12:41PM

James, I think you misunderstood my problem. Using the KM 1.1.2 Pro version, I cannot get Favorites to even appear in the menu. When I try to change this in Preferences and then reboot KM, the change doesnt occur. I still have no Favorites in the menu. I have no problem using KM 1.1, so I guess I will just stay with it,
It just seems like a strange error, as I have been using KM for years and never had it before.

No problem now
Date: August 24, 2007 02:35PM

I deleted my copy of KM 1.1.2 Pro and downloaded it again. This time I had no problem...everything there where I expected.....weird, but I am glad no problem nowsmiling smiley

Posted by: PATRICK
Date: August 24, 2007 05:37PM

I WANT TO KNOW,MY PRIVACY ONLINE HIDE MY IP WHAT CAN I DO? ABOUT IT.I´M NOT SURE,I NEED HELP.I STILL DON´T UNDERSTAND ( HIDE MY IP).

I WAIT ANSWER .
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: August 24, 2007 09:52PM

AFAIK, there's no Internet browser which automatically hides your IP, the only way of doing so is probably using a proxy (but you will be surfing slower using a proxy).

Investigate in Google about how to use proxys, and the configure K-Meleon to use a proxy (at edit -> preferences -> proxy).

I think it's your best chance to hide your IP.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.