General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Still probs w/editing buttons away.
Posted by: Charlie
Date: August 24, 2007 08:54PM

When I hashmarked out the New Layer button as follows, save, then attempt to open KM, it doesn't open. Yet the Task manager Process tab indicates that it is in process and consuming 97 to 100 percent CPU. Though the Load.exe is in Startup, I first exited from it at the Taskbar prior to attempting to open the new KM.

# New{
# %ifplugin layers
# layers(Open)|New
# New Layer. Right-click for more options.
# %else
# ID_NEW_BROWSER
# New Window
# %endif
# layerwindowhot.bmp[2]
# layerwindowcold.bmp[2]
# }

But when I edited out the Close Layers button in the same manner and saved, it worked out fine.

I'm trying to get rid of the Stop Loading, Home Page, Explor Favorites, View Historey, Print, Read Mail, and Go up one directory level buttons as well. But I keep having the same problem as with editing out the New Layers button.

I try to read up on this stuff in the turoial, but I just don't seem to get it. I realize it may be asking alot for someone to take the time, but could some coach me on what I need to do to get rid of these buttons?

Thanks.

Charlie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still probs w/editing buttons away.
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 25, 2007 05:21PM

For buttons:

Use # before the entries in the toolbars.cfg in the skins directory of which one you are using. Each button is quite well defined so it's easy.

The previous you talked about... I think I have to re-read it because I haven't understood so much what are you trying to do.

EDIT: oh, I see, you want to hide the icon to create tabs/layers... Go to the View menu and do it from there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2007 05:24PM by JohnHell.

Re: Still probs w/editing buttons away.
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 25, 2007 07:22PM

"Explor Favorites" of the one You mention can/need possibly be deactivated via Advanced Preferences. With some You can check whether You may want to deactivate their bar in submenu of view (which is easier than edit).

P. s. with the rest You do just like You want to - comment out with #

Thanks. But now a new problem.
Posted by: Charlie
Date: August 26, 2007 05:03AM

Thanks, Guys.

I've got the tool bar how I want it now except somewhere in the process The Search button is now missing from the Tool bar.

The following I assume is the Search button in the Toolbars.cfg:

}

&Search Buttons{

Search{
%ifplugin macros
EITHER:
macros(Search)|_Search_Engines
OR:
macros(Search)|&Web Search
Type a word or phrase in the URL Bar, then click this button or press Ctrl+G to search the Web. Right-click to choose different search engine.
%else
ID_NAV_SEARCH
Search the Web
%endif
searchhot.bmp[0]
searchcold.bmp[0]
}

But since it does not seem to be edited out, I am at a loss. Could someome please advise me how to get the Search button back.

BTW, Though the Home button is now gone as I wanted, when I place the mouse pointer where it [was], a grey square w/brown outline appears with alt text for "Home page" and when I click on it the Home page menu
appears. Not a problem. Just seems kind of strange (I guess.)

Thanks.

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.