General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Shortcut to Desktop stopped working.
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 05, 2007 06:57PM

The other day I placed Shortcut.kmm and Shortcut.js in Edit > Configuration > User-Defined Macros as per instructions at http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmShortcut

I worked fine until yesterday evening. Since yesterday evening it is nolonger working.

The only change I've made since has been to set History to 0 days, which I have set back to 3 days. But still it is nolonger working.

Any ideas how fix and avoid this problem?

Thanks.

Charlie

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shortcut to Desktop stopped working.
Posted by: kko
Date: September 05, 2007 07:11PM

Charlie, can you be a bit more specific? What is "nolonger working"?

Are the files still there where you placed them? Is the menu entry still there?

Posted by: caktus
Date: September 06, 2007 03:36AM

Sorry. The Create Shortcut option is still available in the right click menu, but clicking on it nolonger create a shortcut on the Desktop. The macro files are still in place.

Just got back to the computer, and while typing this post I decided to try the Create Shortcut again. About 4 of 5 times now it places a shotcut on the desktop. For this page on which I am typing this reply it does not creat a shortcut. For other KM pages including the Wiki and and other forum pages it does not. For the KM home page it does create a shortcut. It does not create a shortcut for forums.cnet.com as well as other cnet.com pages.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: kko
Date: September 06, 2007 09:44AM

OK, let's continue in the other thread.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.