General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Problem listening to Radio Stations with K-meleon
Posted by: Art Mustel
Date: September 13, 2007 06:41PM

Hello. I can not listen to my radio favorite radio station if I use K-MELEON. This did not happen before, but some days ago it started. Using IE the radio station comes fine, however with K-M the display works fine, it says "ready" but nothing happens. any sugs or ideas? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem listening to Radio Stations with K-meleon
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 13, 2007 06:56PM

Give an URl please.

K-Meleon can work together with windows media player (second download from top activates it) and many other players.

I use WMP. kko recommended in a forum post recently VLC media player which seems easier to install.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2007 07:27PM by guenter.

Posted by: Art Mustel
Date: September 13, 2007 07:23PM

The URL is http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=9514&schid=9818
This is an spanish site. You need to click on "escuchanos en vivo/haz click aqui" button. I can listen to the commercial, but that is it. (After commercial, the radio station is supposed to start-it works fine with EXPLORER, and used to work with K-MELEON, but no more!
Why I don't use explorer? For some reason, anytime the station goes to commericlas (the station commercials, not the commercial you see when you open the link) the transmission stops, and it is necessary to restart. Since I record the shows, it does not work for me. WITH K-meleon this was not a problem, it used to continue all the time without those interruptions, however some days ago I am unable to listen AT ALL Lusing K-meleon.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by: kko
Date: September 13, 2007 09:38PM

Art Mustel
The URL is http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=9514&schid=9818
This is an spanish site. You need to click on "escuchanos en vivo/haz click aqui" button. I can listen to the commercial, but that is it. (After commercial, the radio station is supposed to start-it works fine with EXPLORER, and used to work with K-MELEON, but no more!

Works for me. Looks like a temporary problem - server too busy or a problem with your connection (reduced bandwidth)...

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 14, 2007 11:09AM

I use WMP. kko recommended in a forum post recently VLC media player which seems easier to install.

Nice, I don't want to use WMP, but in english it ought to be better :-)

Is there anything to use like a plugin, or just to associate extensions in advanced prefs?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 15, 2007 08:13PM

WMP is installed anyway & i am a lazzy user :p

The players can be set in their Options to be responsible for extensions - that is AFAIK easiest.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.