General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
KM won't open, sort of...
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 17, 2007 06:03PM

When I restart the computer as well as when I click on a KM shortcut I get a popup that says
"Could not open file."
The messages menu bar says C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\K-Meleon\default\e4x1z8b0.slt
When I click on the OK button KM attempts to open, but the only thing that appears is the KM title bar.

This began after removing KM from Add/Remove, then reinstalling KM. I had to reinstall because after attempting to remove buttons from Blau and Silber skins, KM would nolonger open. After the reinstall I would get the "Could not open file." message. And after clicking OK the KM browser would fully open. But suddenly now KM's title bar appers, but with no window.

Right now I'm having to IE my way around.

Charlie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM won't open, sort of...
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 17, 2007 07:27PM

Hi Charlie, your problen is that shortcut conserve old profile name.
You must change to new profile name.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\K-Meleon\default[b]e4x1z8b0.slt[/b] <= this is old profile name.
Change the path for shortcut to new profile name, for example;
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\K-Meleon\default[b]????????.slt[/b] <= the new profile name that you must search, where '?' character indicate random number or alphabetic character.

Sorry, a lot of bad english tongue sticking out smiley

Re: KM won't open, sort of...
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 17, 2007 07:47PM

Thanks desga2,

English sound fine to me.

I couldn't find a "new profile name", just the old one. I guess I need to remove and reinstall KM again. But just have to make sure I don't leave any files behind.

Thanks

Yep! That did it. Now I'm back in action! I guess I should have read my own forum signature.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2007 02:39AM by caktus.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.