General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
I learn something new about KM every day.
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 23, 2007 09:22PM

Just high-lighted in a page the term "NSIS script" and copied it to the clip board. Then clicked on the Search button expecting the Search dialogue app to open. Instead, KM automatically search Google for the term "NSIS script", and up came the search results.

You folks who built KM obviously already know this. Just wanted to say 'good show'. Just another good reason to use and enjoy KM. You Guy's really rock.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I learn something new about KM every day.
Posted by: neolem
Date: September 23, 2007 11:12PM

Wow, thanks for reporting this. I just tried this out and found, you don't even have to copy the word, just highlighting (or doubleclicking) is enough. And search will of course be done with your standard search engine (I don't use Google anymore), or with any engine you pick from the search button's right click menu, right after highlighting. Really nice! :-)

Re: I learn something new about KM every day.
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 24, 2007 12:54AM

I wasn't aware that simply double-clicking would high-light a word. Thanks for the info.

Come to think of it. These features are probably some where in the user's manual. But there is so much information in the user's manual that it would probably take (me) a month of Sunday's to read and absorb. So I hope when people notice unintended or inexpected features in KM, they will post about it.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.