General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Some Javascript Problem Probably
Posted by: neolem
Date: September 25, 2007 10:54PM

On this page: http://baxbex.com/sp2.html, I can't view the sample pictures in full size within KM, but I can within FireFox and Opera.

I've disabled all privacy settings and content filters, also AdBlock, but still can't load the pictures. Anyone can view those pictures within KM? The status bar, when you hover with the mouse a picture, says: "javascript: (newWindow)"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some Javascript Problem Probably
Posted by: kko
Date: September 26, 2007 12:02PM

The fault is in that page (look into the error console). Gecko browsers are more strict then IE and Opera. For me it doesn't work in Firefox either.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 26, 2007 12:40PM

I think that the web have an error in script code. Other browsers not detect it or unattended, but KM it isn't idiot.
This is the script code;
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
document.write('<BODY vlink="#0343ad" alink="#0343ad" link="#0343ad" BACKGROUND="');document.write((navigator.appName=="Netscape")?"images/back2.gif":"images/back.gif");document.write('">');
//-->
</script>
<NOSCRIPT><BODY vlink=#0343ad alink=#0343ad link=#0343ad BACKGROUND=images/back.gif></NOSCRIPT>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function getscreenres1(){if((navigator.appVersion.indexOf("4.")!=-1)&&(navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape")!=-1)||(navigator.appVersion.indexOf("4.")!=-1)&&(navigator.appName.indexOf("Explorer")!=-1))
{if(screen.width<640){return"<640"}if(screen.width>=640&&screen.width<800){return"640x480"}if(screen.width>=800&&screen.width<1024){return"800x600"}if(screen.width>=1024&&screen.width<1152){return"1024x768"}if(screen.width>1152){return">1152"}}Else
{return"non";}}function newWindow(name)
{res=getscreenres1();if((res=="1024x768")||(res==">1152"))
{fensterone=window.open("images/sp_shoots/"+name,"shoot","toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,"+"scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=735,height=646,screenX=5,left=5,screenY=5,top=5");}if((res=="640x480")||(res=="<640"))
{fensterone=window.open("images/sp_shoots/"+name,"shoot","toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,"+"scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=600,height=400,screenX=2,left=2,screenY=5,top=5");}if((res=="800x600")||(res=="non"))
{fensterone=window.open("images/sp_shoots/"+name,"shoot","toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,"+"scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=735,height=520,screenX=5,left=5,screenY=5,top=5");}}
//-->
</script>>

If you open KM Error Console after load this page you can look this error pattern;

Error: Else is not defined
Archivo fuente: http://baxbex.com/sp2.html
Línea: 11
----------
Error: newWindow is not defined
Archivo fuente: javascript:newWindow('sp_s1.html')
Línea: 1
----------
Error: Else is not defined
Archivo fuente: http://baxbex.com/sp2.html
Línea: 11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2007 12:42PM by desga2.

Posted by: Terry
Date: September 26, 2007 03:04PM

Like kko, I went there and found that my SeaMonkey and Firefox also could not bring up the pictures though IE could. Some websites use only the implementation provided for IE which takes shortcuts with html code and javascript.

Posted by: neolem
Date: September 26, 2007 04:29PM

Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only one who couldn't load those pictures and also that it's not some setting in KM that I got wrong. I didn't test with IE (that I never use), but I just tried again with FF and Opera, and the pictures load there with no problem. Maybe the guys who couldn't load them in their FF and Opera got some security setting interfering.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.