General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Portability
Posted by: Jeffrey Needle
Date: October 20, 2007 03:18AM

This is a really dumb question. At the top of my screen, it says "K-Meleon "" General (Pocket K-Meleon 1.02". Is this the portable version? And, if it is, I'm wondering if this means that all settings are stored in the application directory, so that I can copy it from my computer to a USB drive for backup, and if there's a crash, I can just copy it back from the USB device.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Portability
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 20, 2007 09:58AM

Yes - it is a totaly portable version. All Settings are in the install directory.

BTW. The updated succesor of Portable is at: http://perso.orange.fr/jujuland/
and at Douglas' Home Page (where You probably found Your Portable 1.02).

K-Meleon Extensions are available at: http://perso.orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions

Among other things You will find a Roboform adapter.

p.s. If You deselect Multi-Profile support on install every K-Meleon will store its profile in the installation directory. You can force this behavior on any latter time by creating a file named "profile.ini" and place that next to K-Meleon.exe. The ini can be an empty dummy.

Date: October 20, 2007 06:13PM

Thanks! I shall proceed to update right away.

I truly appreciate all the good help.

Date: October 20, 2007 06:20PM

Ach, one more thing -- a URL to Douglas' homepage? I downloaded my K-Meleon so long ago that I no longer have the link. Thanks!

Date: October 20, 2007 07:32PM

Douglas' version = identical to alain's.
AFAIremember they chatted about it in this forum & alain re-did & updated Douglas' versions & both sites host it.

K-Meleon portable original/old site.

p. s. Ach: is AFAIK scotish/dutch or german - how "dare" You to use it with IMHO (possibly pacific) US IP - ROFL with tongue sticking out smiley - hope You get all going. & regards

Date: October 21, 2007 02:36AM

Yikes! Yes, I do say "Ach" when I sometimes mean "Oy!" Ha!

Date: October 21, 2007 02:40AM

Trying to link to the download page for Pocket K-Meleon leads you to a site called "BigUpload" or something like that. There's no prompt on that page to help you download the software. I think the links are broken.

Sorry to be such a pain!

Date: October 21, 2007 09:10AM

Use the one from alain's page http://perso.orange.fr/jujuland/
alain is the current maintainer of Portable K-Meleon.

Posted by: Douglas
Date: October 21, 2007 03:49PM

Jeffrey,

Sorry about the download link on my page becoming invalid. I don't know what happened to it - it was working not long ago. Anyway, I have now replaced it with a new working link. (I had agreed to reduce the load on Alain's site by also providing a download link.)

Cheers,
Douglas

Date: October 22, 2007 04:18AM

Ah, the links works now -- thanks so much!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.