General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Create shortcut with K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1
Posted by: caktus
Date: October 29, 2007 09:50PM

How do I create a Desktop shortcut using K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1?

Thanks.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Create shortcut with K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 30, 2007 05:06AM

right clich on exe in explorer and create it - drag shortcut to desktop.

Date: November 08, 2007 06:28PM

Are there any plans to put a Create Shortcut option in the final release? Having to manually creat shortcuts really conflicts with the purpose of using KM.

Charlie

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 08, 2007 07:24PM

K-MeleonCCF ME is a experimental version in developement and is distributed as a 7zip file auto extractor. When this project version will been more advanced and stable distribution, i suspuse that Hao included a distribution with installer that make this shortcuts.

But i think that you can created this shortcuts with SetDefault.exe file included.

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 09, 2007 02:19AM

Thanks, desga2.

When I set CCFME0.08b1 as default using the SetDefault.exe I still get no option to Create Shortcut. I do get all the usuals such as "Save Page As" which saves a .htm and folder of associated images and such which is very helpful, and I use it often. But the ability to "Create Shortcut" to Desktop on the fly too would be a very usful option. As you suggest, I immagine it will be forth comming in the final release.

BTW, CCFME0.08b1 set as the default browser still produces an error i.e. http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/32053/2002009984973747009_rs.jpg
Only when I use the K-Meleon.exe from within the CCFME0.08b1 directory, or use a KM shortcut while a K-Meleon.exe from within the CCFME0.08b1 directory is open, do I NOT get the error. After clicking OK the link opens as it should. I am sure this too will be fixed in the final version. But do you know what causes it?

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: November 09, 2007 03:29AM

Sorry for the late reply.

As desga2 says, K-MeleonCCF is still in beta version under construction. To create the shortcut in Widows, you can just right click the K-Meleon.exe in the folder and send it to you desktop shortcut.

The reason you get those error messages is because the lua plugin is using relative folder structure, so running K-Meleon out of its folder will cause the error but this bug will be fixed later.

Regarrds,

Date: November 09, 2007 04:42PM

HAO
right click the K-Meleon.exe

I was refering to creating a shortcut to a web page using the Context (right click) menu. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. I understand this option is difficult to build into CCFME0.08b1. I'm Just wondering if it will be available in the final release.

Thanks.

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.