General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Acid CSS Test: K-Meleon fails!
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: November 17, 2007 10:11PM

Good nights.

Here there's a rendering test to see if the browser renders in the standar, correct, way.
Looks like K-Meleon 1.1.2 fails the test.

What does this mean?

Is K-Meleon CSS 1 and CSS 2 compatible?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2007 10:47PM by enaitzjga.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acid CSS Test: K-Meleon fails!
Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 17, 2007 11:27PM

Enaitz,

FWIW, KM 1.0.2 (with Fred's latest update) also fails.

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 18, 2007 01:01AM

All Windows Gecko browsers (installed here) up to 1.8.1.8/9 fail.
I love academic tests of orgs smiling smiley

Installed: K-Meleon 0.65 - K-Meleon1.1.2/3... to 1,5 - SeaMonkey/1.1.5, Firefox/2.0.0.9, Netscape Navigator 9.0.0.3... & C http://geckoisgecko.org/

Safari and Opera pass! But fail to be standart compliant with other aspects.

Does any one care to check with IE? tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2007 02:43PM by guenter.

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 18, 2007 02:10AM

Haddy, folks.

I am working with 1.1.2 and 1.5b (or CCF ME 0.08 Beta 1) I really don't understand the significance of the various nomenclature let alone if they are actually the same browser. moody smiley But I am practically ecstatic about how quickly they both render pages on my dialup connection, about 3 seconds. smiling smiley smiling smiley Here's to the dev's who built them.

But would someone please advise me regarding the significance of these "Acid Tests" and what they should mean to the average web surfer?

Thanks.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 18, 2007 02:25AM

? acid tests ? AFAIK currently an academic test - no current practical value.
The two browsers that pass - fail on other standart compliance tests, I cheched with Safari (my tests with Opera maybe outdated). Safari: looks like preparation just for the test. Opera maybe the same?

For me, when I create HTML pages, it is good that K-Meleon starts fast and renders standart compliant ( all browser with Gecko engines do the same for me - but K-Meleon serves me faster smiling smiley. A page checked with K-Melon will work with any browser.

Good rendering with IE 6 requires some not so complete code that w3 validation page started to count as fault recently.

p. s. To be strict - the W3 quality logo and checker became useless. You can not leave out code that is required for 1/3 of the currently used browsers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2007 02:27AM by guenter.

Posted by: rmn
Date: November 18, 2007 05:06AM

If I remember correctly, only the 1.9 branch passes.

Posted by: desga_2
Date: November 18, 2007 01:02PM

OFF TOPIC:

@ enaitzjar and K-Meleon Team:

Hi, i'm temporally offline because i've problems with my home conexion. sad smiley
I only can conected to forum from my job. Access to web mailers are unavailable.

Please, for spanish translations contact with enaitz or post a new thread in forum with links for download requiered files.

Thanks.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: November 18, 2007 01:21PM

@ Desga2:

OK, I'll be vigilant for if somebody asks for you to let them know you're offline. Anyway, I'm fully available for any translation job or any other job not requiring for much technical knowledge.

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 18, 2007 05:18PM

gunter
? acid tests ? AFAIK....

Thanks for the info.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 18, 2007 07:48PM

desga_2
OFF TOPIC:

@ enaitzjar and K-Meleon Team:

Hi, i'm temporally offline because i've problems with my home conexion. sad smiley
I only can conected to forum from my job. Access to web mailers are unavailable.

Please, for spanish translations contact with enaitz or post a new thread in forum with links for download requiered files.

Thanks.

Now my home connection back to be available. But you must remmember send copy of translations works mails to enaitz because i suffer usually down conexion with my home line, this down conexion duration are since a few days to a week (as the last case).
(The conexion is unestable but is very cheap and i can't pay for a better conexion)

I take this time windows of connection to upgrade me; forums, mails, upload files that i'm working and read all web info that i need.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2007 07:50PM by desga2.

Posted by: Bob D
Date: November 19, 2007 05:44PM

guenter
All Windows Gecko browsers (installed here) up to 1.8.1.8/9 fail.
...Does any one care to check with IE? tongue sticking out smiley
As you're no doubt aware, IE6 fails here. (v6.0.2900 sp2)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.