General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Altering Skin
Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 24, 2007 04:45PM

I've modified one of the skins so it's black text and images on a white background, but I can't seem to locate the default .ico that shows up as a "blue page". Where's it located?

Thanks,
Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Altering Skin
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 24, 2007 05:17PM

There is a default.ico file in my Phoenity skin. That icon looks like blue pages. It is the only file that I have seen that looks like that.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 24, 2007 05:26PM

You're probably just seeing the cached default.ico from Phoenity. Go to Edit-Configuration-Browser Configuration(about:config), type favicons in the filter bar and double-click on kmeleon.favicons.cached. That should change it to false. Upon restart, the clashing "blue page" should be gone. :-). You may have to clear your cache too(Preferences-Cache-Clear Cache) I assume they're stored in the same cache folder, not sure though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2007 05:35PM by jsnj.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 24, 2007 06:22PM

jsnj
You're probably just seeing the cached default.ico from Phoenity. Go to Edit-Configuration-Browser Configuration(about:config), type favicons in the filter bar and double-click on kmeleon.favicons.cached. That should change it to false. Upon restart, the clashing "blue page" should be gone. :-). You may have to clear your cache too(Preferences-Cache-Clear Cache) I assume they're stored in the same cache folder, not sure though.

I know 2 ways more easy to do this:

1) Delete the file 'IconCache.dat' in your profile.
2) Clear cache, as jsnj says, and check option 'Don't cache favicons' in menu Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: kko
Date: November 24, 2007 06:34PM

Deleting IconCache.dat is enough, you don't need to clear the cache.

Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 24, 2007 06:51PM

Perfect... Thanks everyone!

Jeff

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.