General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't attach anything in Yahoo Mail Beta
Posted by: HarryInUK
Date: November 26, 2007 08:11PM

When I click on the Attach button in a new mail, nothing happens. It seems to be the same in Firefox. It works fine in the 'Classic' version of Yahoo, and IE works fine. Any ideas, folks? Is this just the old trouble of an IE bias, or am I missing something very simple? It doesn't seem to be anything to do with pop-ups or javascript.
I'm using the latest KM on Win 2k.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't attach anything in Yahoo Mail Beta
Date: November 26, 2007 08:19PM

I've just noticed that I can attach when I open the new mail in a separate window. It still seems a bit strange that it doesn't happen in the 'normal' view, though.

Posted by: desga_2
Date: November 26, 2007 09:37PM

Are you tried to change the User Agent string?

Date: November 27, 2007 06:15AM

desga_2 - Thanks for your prompt response.
I have the user agent set as Firefox 2.0.0.9 - like to be up-to-date grinning smiley

Date: November 27, 2007 06:27AM

Errr...just tried it in 'tabbed view' again, and it worked! :-o... I just changed the user agent to IE6 (disaster!) then back to Firefox. Doncha just lurv 'puters...who'd have 'em!?grinning smiley

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 27, 2007 12:51PM

The only trouble I had with attachments on Beta mail is that I cannot resume to attach after I stopped attaching and wrote more lines.

For many sites and pages spoof IE 6/7 is no good because the IE's speak a slightly different JavaScript dialect. So pages may want to use unknown activeX and their JS dialect if they made to believe K-Meleon is an IE shell.

Yahoo wants to have a fairly new Firefox - that is why User Agent strings were updated in K-Meleon 1.1.3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 12:52PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.