General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
icon on bookmarks
Posted by: manutdfan
Date: July 24, 2007 09:08AM

does k-melon show the icons next to my bookmarks (dont know specifically waht they are called)...currently they are all the same white paper with a star...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: icon on bookmarks
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 24, 2007 02:05PM

K-Meleon only shows what You describe - Firefox can add extra, different icons.
I do not think we should spend labour on the bookmark looks now (there are other things).

p. s. how about You making "PK" 1.1 translation or do You all speak English smiling smiley

Posted by: xsinisax
Date: August 02, 2007 03:16PM

they are -favicon-,the same question i wanna ask,in preferences there are one little check for that.
So you must go
EDIT--
PREFERENCES--
PRIVACY--
Than on the -- Don t cashe favicon-- remove check

Thats it

Posted by: Joe
Date: August 03, 2007 10:42AM

i don't have the check on the "dont cache favicon" option. I am seeing favicons on open Layers. but my bookmarks do not have a favicon next to them, ie. in the personal toolbar.

i think this feature really should be added to K-meleon. its one of the only things holding me back from switching from firefox...im used to seeing icons of my bookmarks its a lot easier than reading the text each time...

Posted by: jmb
Date: August 24, 2007 06:33PM

..."i think this feature really should be added to K-meleon. its one of the only things holding me back from switching".

Yes, thats exactly what it is like for me, too. I'm using kmeleon for about 2 years -i think it's the fastest browser, but without favicon-feature and real search/highlight bar it can't replace avant or mozilla.

Posted by: jmb
Date: August 24, 2007 11:36PM

.."and real search/highlight bar"
ok i found that search-thing, but bookmarks with no icons is still really bad.

Posted by: Jake
Date: November 19, 2007 07:59AM

I totally agree. I would be converted to k-meleon if i can have bookmark icons. I just spend the last couple hours searching for a way to make them work!

Safari is another fast browser but it has none of the good features that k-meleon has. sad smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 19, 2007 10:18PM

I cannot agree on the favicon issue. Must be that I am old and sort of set in my ways. I learned to read over a half century ago and am still pretty good at it. However pictures to represent things and actions just don't work for me. It does not matter if they are favicons in software or the open/close doors buttons in elevators, or highway signs. Better we stay lean and fast.

Posted by: Jeff
Date: December 03, 2007 10:14PM

Personally, I don't care to use site favicons in my Bookmarks and enjoy how lean you can run KM, but I can see it would be a welcomed feature by a lot of people thinking about switching to KM full-time, which should be a goal of everyone here.

I'm not sure what it would take for KM to support favicons in the Bookmarks, but suggest it be added to KM's features at some point.

More thoughts?

Jeff

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.