General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Why I'm Switching Back to Firefox
Posted by: fredspeaking
Date: December 08, 2007 02:26AM

Hello K-meleon community. From an overall prespective, I believe your browser is the best one on Windows. However, there are some reasons why browsing with FF is more comfortable for me atm.

On Firefox, I can do things I can't with K-meleon.

1. Rearrange tab order
2. Easily of unblock cookies
3. Easily open tabs, while keeping my current tab focused
4. Easily search multiple search engines with either the search box, or address bar keywords
5. Install extensions with only a few clicks

When I can do 1-3 on K-Meleon I'll come check it out again. winking smiley

Thanks,
fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why I'm Switching Back to Firefox
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: December 08, 2007 04:50AM

fredspeaking
Hello K-meleon community. From an overall prespective, I believe your browser is the best one on Windows. However, there are some reasons why browsing with FF is more comfortable for me atm.

On Firefox, I can do things I can't with K-meleon.

1. Rearrange tab order
2. Easily of unblock cookies
3. Easily open tabs, while keeping my current tab focused
4. Easily search multiple search engines with either the search box, or address bar keywords
5. Install extensions with only a few clicks

When I can do 1-3 on K-Meleon I'll come check it out again. winking smiley

Thanks,
fred

Let me try to explain 1-4

1. K-Meleon 1.5a support it. Or you can try K-MeleonCCF ME
2. what do you mean unblock? You can set the cookie permission in preference panel of K-Meleon
3. In K-Meleon, you can set middle click to open links in new background tab while in K-MeleonCCF, you can just drag and drop a link to open it in background tab. There 's even one preference you can set in K-MeleonCCF to make all links open in new tabs or background tabs when simply click on it.
4. There is one searchbar plugin which will give you the searchbox like firefox in K-Meleon which K-MeleonCCF default installed.

Hope the above can answer your questions.

Regards,

Hao

Re: Why I'm Switching Back to Firefox
Posted by: Arrow
Date: December 08, 2007 09:38AM

Only your point 5 has validity, but then there are other ways to acheive many functions with K_M and you can customise them yourself to your taste without knowing programming language, just ask, the help here is second to none.

There are several very basic functions I cannot get firefox to carry out, not even with extensions, however I did take the trouble to ask extensively on the firefox mozilla forums first and discovered that a couple of them had been bugbears for firefox userssince its inception
the developers never heeded numerous calls to have them implemented.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.