General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Flash not working with 1.5a1
Posted by: caktus
Date: January 01, 2008 09:53PM

Until today I have had no problem loading Flash. Now all of a sudden get THIS IMAGE when I attempt load Flash. I know that the problem is not with the servers as I have no problem loading Flash with IE 6.
All Privacy Options are enabled.

Could some one help me fix this problem?

Thanks

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flash not working with 1.5a1
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 02, 2008 12:50AM

Copy plugins folder of K-Meleon (or Firefox or any Gecko browser) version where the plugin works properly to 1.5. Actually You need the flash supporting dll only - but why search it out?

BTW - IMHO it is bad that there is no autofind for some plugins. sad smiley

p. s. The responsible plugin is the Netscape type flash plugin.
It must be installed/active to play flash.

It is in the mentioned plugins folder - You/I do not always install it new - but You need its presence. This specific plugin (additionally) sometimes has install problems. Once it has installed properly for any Gecko (or alternative non IE browser) You can use the dll which is in the plugins folder to do the actual work for any non IE browser. Sort of: Fire & forget for browsers = copy dll to the needed location & forget.

IE 6 uses the activeX version of the flash plugin. You can use it with K-Meleon also but it is harder to configure = I do not recomended to use it e.g. for safety reasons. Micosoft chose to change from Netscape plugin type to activeX at the 2nd update for IE 5.5. Before that all browsers used the same plugin type. On some systems the needed dll are repored to be still stored under IE plugins directory.
So that is the alternative location to look for Netscape plugins.

grinning smiley

I have no idea why.

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: January 02, 2008 01:33PM

@caktus,

The image you attached suggests the file you are trying to run is Apple Quicktime.

Info here might help: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/QuickTimePlugin

Regards,

Posted by: fdshy
Date: January 02, 2008 03:42PM

Flash block is not working.

Date: January 02, 2008 06:23PM

gvgerman
Info here might help: [kmeleon.sourceforge.net]

Thank you for responding. It turned out that I had the following files in both KM's and C\Program Files as listed in the link you provided:
* npqtplugin.dll
* npqtplugin1.dll
* npqtplugin2.dll
* npqtplugin3.dll
* npqtplugin4.dll
* npqtplugin5.dll
* QuickTimePlugin.class

However, also residing in KM's Plugins folder were npnul32.dll and npqtplugin8.dll. I added XXX to the extensions to temporarily disable these .dll's and Flash is now working. smiling smiley I searched these and if I understand correctly (which is questionable) they seem to be related to a version not compatable with Moz or KM.

Thanks.

Charlie

Date: January 02, 2008 06:35PM

fdshy
Flash block is not working.

I've been hearing this a lot lately. However, Flash block has aways, and still works flawlessly with my current installation of 1.5a1. Instead of Flash loading I get a button with an "f" which I click on to load the Flash.

Charlie

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 02, 2008 09:00PM

This button is put by FlashBlock, and can be disabled in

Edit > Preferences > Content Filter > uncheck 'Enable FlashBlock'

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: January 02, 2008 11:43PM

@ JujuLand

I usually keep Flashblock enabled as in most cases I find Flash to be a hinderance. But the "f" button is very convenient since some shopping and banking web sites require Flash to be enabled.

Thanks.

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.