General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
COPY function not working
Posted by: micah
Date: January 05, 2008 07:32PM

if this has been answered, please direct me.

ISSUE: the clipboard is not gathering "cut" or "copy" info from within the browser window (whether using the hotkeys or drop-down menus). CUT/COPY/PASTE functions everywhere else.

from within the browser window:
...if i CUT, the highlighted text is removed, but PASTE will not paste
...if i CUT, the highlighted text remains unchanged, and PASTE will not paste
...i can PASTE things copied from external sources (ie. URL bar, text documents, etc. anything outside the browser window)
...if i CUT or COPY from within the browser window, i cannot PASTE the information into external destinations (ie. the URL bar, text documents, etc.)
...if i have anything on the clipboard that was COPIED/CUT from external source, it is cleared from the clipboard if i COPY/CUT within the browser window

MY COMPUTER (don't laugh):
Dell Latitude (laptop)
Windows 2000 Pro SP4
x86 Family 6 Model 5 Stepping 2
AT/AT COMPATIBLE
81,392 KB RAM

WHAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED TO DO TO FIX THE ISSUE:
*updated from an older version of K-Meleon to the latest release (1.1.3)
*rebooted
*cursed under my breath
*directed my dramatically shaken fist in the air toward the binary gods

thoughts?

muito obligato!
-micah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: COPY function not working
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 06, 2008 10:54PM

Run fine for everyone. Only you have this problem.
Check if you are changes in accelerates or others configuration files.
You must tried to generate a new profile, this can be corrupted.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 06, 2008 11:19PM

I have similar problems on some pages that eat huge amounts of RAM. But I know that they are from my hardware and myspace pages that eat away my resources grinning smiley

Did You try to isolate whether Your problem shows on simple pages that need few resources?

Date: January 07, 2008 12:12AM

it's pretty consistent across the board. most of my internet activity on this computer consists of going to gmail (in "basic HTML" mode so as to speed things up a bit) and minor searching for research. i use my desktop for more "weighty" surfing. myspace does not get along with this computer.

(i'm trying to decipher the message from desga2. i commend the attempt at english, but the grammar leaves me to wonder if s/he's suggesting that i HAVE generated a new profile or that i SHOULD generate a new profile. i am inclined to assume it is that latter.)

at any rate, the problem occurs on every page. and like i said, it's only in the browser window. the url text field is all gravy. likewise every other program on the machine. sigh.

if you have any epiphanies, i'm all ears.

merci beaucoup,
-micah

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 07, 2008 01:27AM

IMHO desgas2 wants that You create a new K-Meleon profile for a test. Submenu under Edit.
Reason: the profiles wear out and break more often than any other part.

OK, If it occurs not only on resource hungry pages we have to find another reason.

The URL text field is all gray?
Are You sure that all needed dll are updated and undamaged?

For K-Meleon specific FAQs about needed dll look: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQ#mfcerror

As far as I remember You can have problems when libraries are not updated, break or have wrong versions.

You can check what files and imports k-meleon.exe or any exe and dll on Your PC is using e.g. by scanning with FileAlyzer from by Safer Networking Limited (their main product is Spybot S&D download e.g. at http://filepedia.de/filealyzer_download/

We do not have epiphanies or revelations - but we can try to help You search.
Some PPL here use PC for a long time and have already seen much their share of errors - and may have an idea under which stone You can look for solutions smiling smiley

p.s. Many here do not speak English as native language. We chose to stay together in one multinational forum because this gives us each others knowledege accross language borders. Alone even the numerous English speakers could probably not maintain the knowledge base and manpower for a support forum; many here are Spanish (e.g. degas2), French (e.g. alain) or German (e.g. me) & several more nations. You can try in another language - if You see any more chance for understanding. We just have to try our best.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 01:32AM by guenter.

Date: January 07, 2008 05:57AM

i was going to copy your (guenter's) post so that i could in turn post an interlinear reply, but you see, i've got this cut'n'paste issue....

ok. poor humour.

*URL text field is not grey.
*i'm not certain of my dll situation. i'm going to roll through some more items and possibly revert to uninstall/install.

re: "p.s. Many here to not speak English as native language."
i salute you. i've always had mixed feelings about English being such a dominant language globally. it gives most of us native English speakers so little incentive to learn other languages. especially in our isolated little pocket deep in the heartland (middle of the south-eastern USA). however, spanish is rapidly catching on here.

unfortunately, i learned french. sacrebleu!

i shall report my findings.

i appreciate you guys (and girls, if applicable). keep up the good work.
-m

Posted by: jeanne
Date: January 31, 2008 03:48AM

Hey Micah,
I've got the problem too and wondering if it's the Kaspersky anti virus s/w I installed a couple weeks ago, when the problem first started. Dunno but haven't installed anything else. But rest assured you're not alone.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.