Facebook hassles
Posted by: Catherine Gough
Date: November 22, 2011 05:13PM

I love K Meleon except in Facebook! I can't update my status or post on anyone's wall. I get the dialogue box, and I can type a message, but it remains light grey in colour and when I press send it disappears. Any advice?
Another glitch is not being able to see 'my ebay' on the ebay home page.
Thanks all

Re: Facebook hasslessmiling smiley
Date: November 22, 2011 05:37PM

After looking around on here, I found the following fix, which worked for the Facebook issue. Thanks so much whoever worked that one out!
disrupted
there's also an extension to fix adding comment problem in facebook, the new facebook js reloads the page instead of accepting the comment in gecko 1.8, .. the fix restores the comment button under inputs, clicking the button will add your comment normally..the button is auto-loaded with facebook (....) it will affect the entire subdomain and be visible throughout the page

download the facebook commentbutton fix from this link and restart kmeleon
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/FBcommentbutton.7z

(I don't know why, but when I put 'facebook' into the search function on this board, nothing came up - anyway, great fix)

Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 22, 2011 09:28PM

Catherine,

first of all, seems you are using KM 1.5.x that is outdated now though it remains last official stable version.

But as offen happens in open-source, actual usable version is next beta - 1.6b2. Moreover, the most modern are, so to say, "community remixes" - builds, created by some members as mix of stable, beta versions and new components from Mozilla.

I've just posted list of most usable KM-builds in other thread, so this is simple copypaste:

Try these ones - they don't have any problems with modern-coded sites and are portable so you can use them alongside with your current installation.

Moreover, you can run different KM versions simultaneously if you add parameter
-new
to the shortcuts of every KM:
guenter
Give the destop icon of each version it own name. Right click on it and add the parameter "-new" to its start path. if the path has spaces, it must be in "".

Second part is about search in forum.
By default it looks in messages for last 30 days only. And Facebook fix was announced much earlier so you had no chances to find it without changing search options :-)

Date: November 23, 2011 08:50AM

Thank you! Very helpful. I'm back to lovin' K-meleon smiling smiley

Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 23, 2011 08:55AM

Welcome back! smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.