General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Yahoo Mail Passwords
Posted by: jfh
Date: June 14, 2007 03:40AM

Does anyone know why the browser will not "remember" Yahoo Mail's passwords? I have a similar problem with Opera - no, a worse problem - as that browser will not even acess Yahoo Mail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoo Mail Passwords
Posted by: Drahken
Date: June 14, 2007 05:51AM

It's because yahoo uses a special script or code to prevent browsers from remembering your password, part of their overportective security crap. (A site should never force you to sign in again, if someone's too stupid to log out when they know they're on a public computer, that's their problem. The rest of us shouldn't have toi suffer for their stupidity.) To get around it, you need to use a bookmarklet. Go here: http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password and add the bookmarklet to your bookmarks. Now go to yahoo, log out, go to the log in page, go to the bookmarklet (at this point it should say something like "do not remember has been removed from X forms"), now log in & it should prompt you to save the password. You only need to do this once, from then on the browser will automatically fill in the password.

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Posted by: pope oshea
Date: February 02, 2008 04:42PM

AM A COMPUTER OPERATOR, I WORK IN A SMALL COMPANY, I AM IN SEARCH OFF SOFTWARES THAT
GENERATE PASSWORDS FROM ANY DOMAIN ...I WILL BE GLAD IF MY REQUEST IS GRANTED...THANKS

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 02, 2008 04:57PM

pope oshea
AM A COMPUTER OPERATOR, I WORK IN A SMALL COMPANY, I AM IN SEARCH OFF SOFTWARES THAT
GENERATE PASSWORDS FROM ANY DOMAIN ...I WILL BE GLAD IF MY REQUEST IS GRANTED...THANKS

Here isn't a forum to do these. Continue your search in other forums.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 02, 2008 06:13PM

I Use Roboform to access my yahoo- mail account with my K-meleon browser- part of the Roboform package is a passwordgenerator. An Roboform 4 SeaMonkey Adapter adapted for K-Meleon 1.1 till1.1.3 is at the K-Meleon extensions page. Versions for other browsers exist. The basic Roboform package is at roboform.com. Their supported browser list needs to be updated, since it does not include k-meleon. IMHO Roboform should be able to work with any Gecko browser.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 12:30AM by guenter.

Posted by: chessor
Date: March 03, 2008 08:04AM

hi

Posted by: Annoyed with Yahoo Passwords
Date: March 05, 2008 01:04PM

Does the above described by Drahken still work? I am unable to get it to do so.
I think I am doing as it says on https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password
Help would be most usfuleful. Thanks

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.