General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
windows 98 se support summed up best by the K-Meleon team
Posted by: Nort
Date: December 02, 2011 06:41AM

Internationalization: There are still several places where K-Meleon cannot accept all international characters. Although Windows 95/98 offers very poor support, K-Meleon can still be improved in this area.
'nuff said

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: windows 98 se support summed up best by the K-Meleon team
Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 02, 2011 08:13AM

Have you tried to set up defailt page encoding?

1) Go to Preferences - Page Display
2) Languages tab
3) Press Add
4) select your lang ('Russian' for you and me) and press OK
5) when it appears, select it in list and 'Move up'
6) Press Apply
7) select UTF-8 as default encoding - this allows to use cyrillics in address so you could browse domain .рф etc.

Posted by: Nort
Date: December 02, 2011 03:31PM

Rodocop;
I havent yet read your other posts,nor am I quite sure if I indeed want to,
however,Rodcop,I feel in this particular post that you are,although very kind to point out the steps for Russian language,it's*not* someting I have asked for...

..As I have pointedoutin (many) prior postings,I speak/typeenglish in order to strenghen MY own skill set in that respect.

You are indeed a cyber-bully.
Please learn to conduct yourself in a fashion,how do you americans say it....ah,yes...Dont be a butt pain.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 02, 2011 03:56PM

Nort,
don't look for a black cat in the dark room. There are no one :-)

I just show how to solve one case "where K-Meleon cannot accept all international characters" (c)

This is address bar where you cannot type cyryllic addresses with default settings. This sure can be said equally well about any non-latin encoding.

I had no thought to point you to your language skills - my english is too far from perfect.

Just help, not anything else you've managed to search out. Don't suffer from complexes, take it easy and have fun!

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 02, 2011 05:44PM

Nort
Rodocop;
I havent yet read your other posts,nor am I quite sure if I indeed want to,
however,Rodcop,I feel in this particular post that you are,although very kind to point out the steps for Russian language,it's*not* someting I have asked for...

..As I have pointedoutin (many) prior postings,I speak/typeenglish in order to strenghen MY own skill set in that respect.

You are indeed a cyber-bully.
Please learn to conduct yourself in a fashion,how do you americans say it....ah,yes...Dont be a butt pain.

Nort,

File this under FYI.

"Pain in the Butt!" <VBG>

N

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: December 04, 2011 07:02PM

Nort
Internationalization: There are still several places where K-Meleon cannot accept all international characters. Although Windows 95/98 offers very poor support, K-Meleon can still be improved in this area.
'nuff said

that's because win95/98/ME oses have limited unicode support and thus provide inadequate support for international symbols.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.