I have K-Meleon 1.6 installed under Win Seven Pro, launching SetDefault sets K-Meleon as default for protocols and extensions.
But on this computer, I had installed first 1.1.3, then 1.5.4, then 1.6.0. When installing these programs, I was under XP SP2.
So I think that the migration added the necessary keys, because after having uninstalled it, and having cleared all the registry from K-Meleon traces, installing it doesn't worked anymore.
I stupiditely forget to export the entire registry, so I needed to use the firefox extract as base, and registry export with Firefox set as default to go away.
I'm now able to open protocols with K-Meleon, but not to open extensions. When importing my regfile, some keys are rejected, saying that these keys are opened by the system or by other processes, but I don't know why (same problem after a boot)
These keys are :
I think that it's this shit of Explorer which locks these keys ( I have also tried using regedit in admin mode.
As I'm at work, I have just try to import a reg file, it's perhaps also because my system is very locked, and for example, it has needed to launch Km Setup in admin mode.
This evening, I will try to include all these keys in the setup, and will to-morrow try it at home.
If it always will not work (I hope no), I'll send a new setup file to someone to test if it's ok.
Send me a mail to allow me to set this new setup version.
Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr
Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc