General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Default Favicon
Posted by: rasquire
Date: April 14, 2008 03:48AM

Apologies if this has already been asked... searched the forums and couldn't find anything about it...

Whenever I switch to the Klassic theme, I still get the default favicon from Phoenity. I've scoured the skins, the main program files, and the support files with IrfanView, and the only instance of Phoenity's default favicon is in...

C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\skins\Phoenity

... and is called default.ico (appropriately enough).

Klassic doesn't have a default.ico, so I created one -- a simple blank white rectangle. Yet, when I fire up K-Meleon, there again is Phoenity's defaut icon in the URL bar and on blank layer tabs. Sooo... I temporarily replaced Phoenity's default.ico with the new one (renamed the old to default.ico.pho) and when I start K-Meleon, there *again* is that persistent Phonity default.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default favicon to match the skin in question?

Thanks in advance,
R. Alan Squire
Using: K-Meleon 1.1.4 on Windows 98SE
[Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080203 K-Meleon/1.1.4]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Default Favicon
Date: April 14, 2008 04:07AM

Well, no sooner asked than answered... didn't know that "favicons" were better referred to as "site icons" with K-Meleon.

In any case, I found my answer here...

Re: how to replace the icon from a layer that's loading?

R. Alan Squire

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 14, 2008 12:39PM

Yes, as you know now, you may have to delete IconCache.dat in your profile to make a change of the icon effective.

There are two preferences to setting this site icons/favicons:

Edit -> Preferences -> Display -> Show site icons
Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Don't save favicons in cache

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Unnamed
Date: April 14, 2008 09:49PM

rasquire, see my post about this from last year. The download link for the icon still works.
It fits in to the Klassic theme much better than the Phoenity icon does.

Date: April 16, 2008 02:50AM

I'd post a direct link to the "default.ico" I've been using, but all I get is:

"A word you have used in your post has been banned from use.
Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators."

The word in question is something like "geotowns" winking smiley

But I'm not about to change my home page to suit the idiosyncracies of those who run these forums. So, make the appropriate adjustment in the URL (i.e., replace the 'x' with a 'c') if you wish to see or use the image. In any case, it's a *very slight* modification of the third icon in Klassic's "history.bmp"... nothing revolutionary smiling smiley

default.ico - rasquire's site

R. Alan squire

P.S. What's the reason for the strange restriction regarding the mere mention of such a popular user-pages site?

Posted by: foobarly
Date: April 20, 2008 10:47PM

Too many spammers using it, I guess...

But a better solution would be most welcome, if you will. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.