General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Want To Use 1.5Beta 2, But How Do I....
Posted by: Labonza
Date: June 08, 2008 02:16AM

...import my bookmarks and settings from 1.15 into it? I just cant figure it out.Thanks. PS- I LOVE K-Meleon..the fastest browser ever! Great work1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want To Use 1.5Beta 2, But How Do I....
Posted by: Terry
Date: June 08, 2008 09:06PM

Well, you don't actually import your bookmarks, you copy them though. Since it depends where you installed the two different browsers, they can be hard to find.

1) Bring up your K-M 1.15, click on Edit-Configuration-Profile Directory. When this comes up, click on bookmarks.html with your mouse so that it is highlighted, then hold down the Ctrl and C buttons on the keyboard at the same time. Then close down K-M
2) Bring up your K-M 1.5b2. Click on Edit-Configuration-Profile Directory. When this comes up click on to a blank surface with your mouse, then hold down Ctrl and V buttons at the same time on the keyboard. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the bookmarks, so tell it yes. This will transfer the bookmarks.html from one to the other.

Now you can transfer any file from one profile to the next in this manner. However, to transfer more than one file, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and click with the left mouse button on each file you want to copy. However, do not copy folders between the two K-M's. Once you have highlighted the files, hold down the Ctrl button and the C button at the same time and this will copy these files into memory. When you bring up the second K-M and go to its profile directory as about, holding down Ctrl and V buttons simultaneously will copy all the files. Some will tell you that you are about to overwrite existing files, some will not.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.