General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Layered browsing
Posted by: rahul
Date: June 15, 2008 09:54AM

Will some one please let me know how to configure the browser so that when I right click and click on open in new layer, the new layer should not be pointed instead of the one from which I right clicked should remain open?

The same page should be open instead of new.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Layered browsing
Posted by: Terry
Date: June 15, 2008 11:48AM

Not exactly clear on what you mean. If you are trying to say that you want to open a page in the background but leave the focus on the page in the foreground, click on Tools-Mouse Accelerators and choose Seamonkey or Firefox.

Date: June 15, 2008 02:37PM

Thanks a lot Terry for the reply.

And yes I want to keep the focus on the page in foreground.(e.g. I have google.com page open with searcg results, now if I want to open a link in new layer, I'll right click and click on open in new layer.)

Now I want to remain on googe search results page instead of focus going to newly opened page.

I tried as you said and even now it switches to newly opened link page. I closed the browser and did again but same.

Please let me know how can i do this so focus remain on page in foreground and new link should open in background.

Thanks

Date: June 15, 2008 02:41PM

Oh..... OK, Thanks. In fact it was my oversight or the habbit of using other browser.

The link can open in both foreground and background, as I choose to. There are two options. I should have observed little better.(Its absolutely because of using other browsers till now). I started using Kmelon from yesterday only.

Any way, Thanks Terry for your reply.
Thanks

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.