General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Youtube problem.
Posted by: Craig
Date: February 04, 2012 01:20PM

For a couple of months when I would go to youtube I have been getting a message saying that I am using an outdated browser. Now for the past two weeks I can no longer see youtube thumbnails. I does not matter if I spoof firefox, same result.
I am using 1.5.4
Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Youtube problem.
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 04, 2012 06:10PM

You can spoof the user agent (Tools menu) by changing the Gecko engine version and date, but, right now, is most recommendable to just switch to 1.6 beta version, even with bugs sad smiley Most major sites are switching fast to latest HTML and Javascript capabilities :/

The custom updated version by JamesD 1.6b2.4 is quite stable, beyond the endemic bugs coming from 1.6b2. Search at the forum for it smiling smiley

Date: February 04, 2012 07:41PM

Thanks I'll try it.

Date: February 04, 2012 09:45PM

That version fixed it, thanks.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: February 27, 2012 07:06AM

To make sure Javascript is turned on, in Internet Explorer, go to:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Click on Custom Level -> Scroll down to Scripting (near the bottom) and click Enable for Active Scripting.
Then OK, and OK again.

Posted by: Kleon
Date: February 27, 2012 11:50PM

Javascript is easily turned on and off in K-Meleon as well. I thought this was a KM question. Or am I missing something?

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 29, 2012 03:34AM

Kleon
Javascript is easily turned on and off in K-Meleon as well. I thought this was a KM question. Or am I missing something?

I have the same opinion (F7 and more). & IMHO You do not miss a thing.

As far as I can see the answers may be helpful so some IE user but seems off topic in this forum. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 03:37AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.