Help me with very basics?
Posted by: svejk
Date: February 04, 2012 11:09PM

I just came back to Kmeleon after an absence. I wanted to put a very easy to use browser on my mom's computer. She's used to IE and Kmeleon always seemed to be friendliest to people switching to a new browser.

With 1.6.0 I cannot seem to find, easily, how to put the HOME, BOOKMARKS, page fwd, page back, icon toolbar back at the top of the page. I think I searched everywhere but don't see any ready options for this.

Also, and this is something I did post sometime back but never got a good response to, how do I enable 1.6.0 to display GMAIL in full?

Some important features may not work in this version of your browser, so you have been redirected to the Basic HTML version. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome.

I downoaded a 1.7 something version, but it does not seem ready for prime time. Is there no way to get 1.6.0 to handle the new GMAIL?

Re: Help me with very basics?
Posted by: panzer
Date: February 05, 2012 06:54PM
Posted by: Kleon
Date: February 05, 2012 07:03PM

svejk
I just came back to Kmeleon after an absence. I wanted to put a very easy to use browser on my mom's computer. She's used to IE and Kmeleon always seemed to be friendliest to people switching to a new browser.

With 1.6.0 I cannot seem to find, easily, how to put the HOME, BOOKMARKS, page fwd, page back, icon toolbar back at the top of the page. I think I searched everywhere but don't see any ready options for this.

Have you checked if View > Toolbars > Main bar is enabled?

svejk
Also, and this is something I did post sometime back but never got a good response to, how do I enable 1.6.0 to display GMAIL in full?

Some important features may not work in this version of your browser, so you have been redirected to the Basic HTML version. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome.

I downloaded a 1.7 something version, but it does not seem ready for prime time. Is there no way to get 1.6.0 to handle the new GMAIL?

You could try out Fred's latest unofficial version, KM-16-F3625. which seems to handle Gmail, but read this thread first:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,120978,121170

Posted by: Kleon
Date: February 05, 2012 07:27PM

Sorry, hardworking Fred has released another version since:

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/fred/KM-16-F3626.zip

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.