General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Slow load times?
Posted by: Sebastian Wells
Date: October 31, 2001 01:01AM

I just grabbed k-meleon because I thought it would be fast, and I have to say I am disappointed. I have a PIII@700 with 256 megs of ram. I have the whatchamacallit installed that is supposed to make k-meleon load faster, and yet it still takes several seconds to load, whereas IE loads instantaneously except when the computer is under heavy stress. Are there some settings that I'm not getting or is k-meleon just not all it's cracked up to be?

- Sebastian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Slow load times?
Posted by: Brian
Date: October 31, 2001 03:05AM

there are a few things that could slow it down. The more plugins you have, the slower it loads. Also if you have a lot of bookmarks/favorites, it tends to load slower. Also, the first 1 or 2 times you run it, it loads really slow because it does a bunch of 'first run' initialization.

Re: Slow load times?
Posted by: Harvey
Date: November 01, 2001 05:43PM

In my case, it the IE favorites plug-in seems to be absolutely wrecking the loading time. Without the favorites, k-meleon is loading on my machine - an older, P1 233 machine with 192 megs RAM - in about 13-15 secs.

*With* the plug-in, though, it's taking something around 1min 20 secs. That's a rather unsettling difference.....

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.