General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Adult links are not showing in web pages
Posted by: soniruni
Date: July 20, 2008 05:22AM

Adult (Pron) links are not being visible in web pages, looks like a rebuilt web page where all the links/words "Pron" is not present. I think I made some mesh in the configuration but could not figure out. Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adult links are not showing in web pages
Posted by: desga2
Date: July 20, 2008 08:16AM

Your porrn desperately need. tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 20, 2008 08:58AM

In K-Meleon >>>

Audio
Music, Audio books, Sound clips, FLAC, Other
Video
Movies, Movies DVDR, Music videos, Movie clips, TV shows, Handheld, Highres - Movies, Highres - TV shows, Other
Applications
Windows, Mac, UNIX, Handheld, Other OS Games
PC, Mac, PS2, XBOX360, Wii, Handheld, Other
Other
E-books, Comics, Pictures, Covers, Other

In Firefox >>>

Audio
Music, Audio books, Sound clips, FLAC, Other
Video
Movies, Movies DVDR, Music videos, Movie clips, TV shows, Handheld, Highres - Movies, Highres - TV shows, Other
Applications
Windows, Mac, UNIX, Handheld, Other OS Games
PC, Mac, PS2, XBOX360, Wii, Handheld, Other
P*rn
Movies, Movies DVDR, Pictures, Games, HighRes - Movies, Movie clips, Other
Other
E-books, Comics, Pictures, Covers, Other
Upload

Why the difference?

Date: July 20, 2008 09:47AM

You could saids that "Upload" isn't showed intead "P0rn". tongue sticking out smiley

What is the web page where this happend? Post a link please.

Are you tried to change User Agent string (Tools -> User Agent) to Firefox 2, i know that Firefox users are perverts diverted. tongue sticking out smiley

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 09:48AM by desga2.

Date: July 20, 2008 12:03PM

Not that, I may forgot to copy that upload. Actually I tried to post as html form but failed.
BTW, it's famous piratebay page.
http://thepiratebay.org/browse

Yes, once I tried the user agent to firefox but changed to default, even uninstalled K-Meleon & reinstalled, no hope.

Really I liked this browser for it's low resource consumption as I've only 256 MB Ram with my old Celeron 1.7 GHz. with a lot of application running.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 12:08PM by soniruni.

Date: July 20, 2008 12:22PM

I looked this site, and this site showed in spanish to me, and this is identical in K-Meleon, Firefox, and IE6. "P0rn" section not exist when web page is showed in spanish (almost i tried with a K-Meleon en-US and page is showed in spanish, it must detect IP adress).

I searched in web page source and "P0rn" section not exist.

This section could be deleted by webmasters of "thepiratebay.org" and now this videos are included in "Video" section as normal videos.

Greetings and good luck with your p0rn search. tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 12:23PM by desga2.

Date: July 20, 2008 12:58PM

Not that, the site is multilanguage & there are links at the bottom of the page to change it & I'm surfing it in plain English US & your asumption of deleting the section is not correct as still I can surf that page by Firefox as it would be.
BTW, it's very popular torrent site all over the worls of torrenters.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 22, 2008 01:19AM

i gotta say..this is one of the funniest posts i've ever read.. and not just on this forum.. i request a stickie!

Posted by: jack
Date: July 22, 2008 05:00AM

I read somewhere that 90% of all internet traffic is pron or pron-related. Take pron off the internet and that leaves a lot of very expensive fiber-optic cables, practically empty of data transmission.

Date: July 22, 2008 05:31AM

Not that funny man. I can go to the p0rn section if I open a direct link in K-Meleon imported from other browser link of "Piratebay" but on the main page, it's absent & I tried changing the language, the same result. So surely it's a bug that not all sites are fully compatible in this browser. In firefox, I've absolutely no problem with this particular site.

Date: July 22, 2008 09:22AM

soniruni
Not that funny man. I can go to the p0rn section if I open a direct link in K-Meleon imported from other browser link of "Piratebay" but on the main page, it's absent & I tried changing the language, the same result. So surely it's a bug that not all sites are fully compatible in this browser. In firefox, I've absolutely no problem with this particular site.

Yes it's funny, because only you see this category (P0rn) in thePiratyBay web site.
It isn't an incompatibility with K-Meleon, as i said before i don't see this category in my Firefox2 and IE6 in any language.

This is only a webmaster decission of web site, now you can found p0rn search it as "p0rn", usually in Videos -> Others category.

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 09:24AM by desga2.

Date: July 22, 2008 02:01PM

Just took two screed capture both in firefox & k-meleon to show you that I'm not talking wrong.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 22, 2008 02:29PM

Sorry, but the first window clears all the "doubts" and it is what I was thinking yesterday (but I didn't reply)...

YOU ARE BEHIND A PROXY!!!!!!!!!!!! and, of course, that proxy is not updated very quickly, for sure.

Try to use Firefox without any proxy and report.

To proof it, just visit this site with firefox:
http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 02:34PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 22, 2008 03:12PM

I am not behind a proxy, that's the proxysel addon icon what you are seeing at the navigation toolbar of firefox but that is not active, it's off. I seldom use that while I needed a lot of random IPs without disconnecting my connection.
I assumed the conclution that somehow/somewhat "Piratebay" is blocking that link part in case of k-meleon, neither it's IP related, not it's language related.
Proxy Test

This request appears NOT to have come via a proxy.

The request appears to have originated from ip address 59.93.241.119

The Lagado Proxy Test shows details of any proxy servers you are using. It is especially useful to expose transparent proxies. These are proxies inserted between your browser and the web, typically by your ISP, and often without you knowing.

Sometimes a proxy will be deliberately hidden so it won't be exposed by this test. In this case you can use the Cache Test to expose stealthed transparent proxy caches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 03:14PM by soniruni.

Date: July 22, 2008 03:56PM

soniruni
I assumed the conclution that somehow/somewhat "Piratebay" is blocking that link part in case of k-meleon, neither it's IP related, not it's language related.

You are wrong, i said you that "P0rn" section isn't showed in any of my browsers:
K-Meleon 1.1.X, Firefox2, IE6, NOT IS a K-Meleon problem it's with all browsers to me.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 22, 2008 04:14PM

desga2
soniruni

You are wrong, i said you that "P0rn" section isn't showed in any of my browsers:
K-Meleon 1.1.X, Firefox2, IE6, NOT IS a K-Meleon problem it's with all browsers to me.

I posted the screenshots 2 post above.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 22, 2008 04:30PM

Anyway, the source code doesn't show... so, if it isn't in the source code it isn't in the rendered page.

It is not a problem of K-meleon (as desga I tested with all my browsers: opera, firefox, k-meleon IE6 and seamonkey)

Date: July 22, 2008 05:24PM

I apologize, I tried in another PC on my lan & it's as you all said in firefox, no p0rn links. So I am assuming that "piratebay" just hide the links temporarily due to some reason though if I surf in my pc's firefox, the link is showing as the posted screenshots.

Posted by: kko
Date: July 22, 2008 05:52PM

@soniruni: Might it be that you have registered to the site and that your Firefox that is showing the p0rn links is automatically logging in, whereas your other browsers do not?

Date: July 22, 2008 06:29PM

You are absolutely correct as I tried clearing the browser cache still the same. So they hide that pron links for unregistered user but that't not written anywhere on the page that some links are hidden for unregistered user sand as normal site they don't show any login/logout session. I cleared the piratebay cookies and voila.
Problem solved, thread can be closed now.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 22, 2008 08:32PM

..still laughing

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.