General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Real Audio Plugin
Posted by: Harry Campbell
Date: August 09, 2008 07:11PM

I can't get K-Meleon to play real audio. I would like to use Real Alternative and Media Player Classic rather than install Real Player, and this has worked fine in the past. How do I tell the browser where to find the files?
Harry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Real Audio Plugin
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 09, 2008 08:50PM

go to URL about : config (no spaces before and after : ) of older K-Meleon or any Gecko browser (that currently has access to/uses the plugin You want). Type plugin.expose_full_path - toggle the pref to true & next, look into URL about : plugins (no spaces before and after : ) at the paths (refresh if needed smiling smiley

Current K-Meleon should find them at the same places - if not (sometimes k-Meleon cannot get info from system & some plugins need to be installed in ./plugins ) copy the plugins dll to ./K-Meleon/plugins/ & this copy to plugins directory works for Firefox, SeaMonkey; Netscape... even Opera & IE older than 5.5 with sp2 smiling smiley

If You newly install a plugin - make sure that to select Netscape plugin (that is the type all browser except new IES use).

See this link at pluginsdoc for info about Netscape plugins.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 10, 2008 12:23AM

some guys had an issue with streaming real on an indian music site(even with real installed), i was able to resolve it somehow in a somewhat ''manual'' install..

if you already have real alternative plugin installed for firefox, k-meleon will 'pick-up' the plugin and display it in about:plugins, however some key component files have to be manually copied from certain firefox directories to k-meleon's.

check this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,70604

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 10, 2008 01:16AM

@disrupted - Unlike me - You have a good memory eye rolling smiley

p.s. I hope the reconfigured pref in about : plugins (= about:plugins with spaces) shows the paths to all modules. If not copy the complete Firefox (or older k-m) plugin folder with installed modules to K-Meleon.1.5.

My point - when You have all the plugins.dlls assembled in one plugins folder (Opera's, Netscape's... Firefox' ... even old IE's that used plugins may still do) You have defeated all incomplete(=buggy) installers because You can copy the whole plugins folder to the next browser & version.

BTW. this was the bulk of my browser config knowledge from k-Meleon 0.6 - 0.8.2 - and believe it or not: K-Meleon, Opera, Mozilla (Firefox did not exist yet )... and even IE used the plugins I wanted. grinning smiley

Posted by: Harry Campbell
Date: August 11, 2008 01:05AM

Thanks for your replies. I think there must have been some problem with the codecs. I just downloaded and installed a new version of Real Alternative and it finally worked. Thanks again.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.