General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Hotmail
Posted by: Weather
Date: July 26, 2008 03:40PM

I keep getting this message from whoever when I click the hotmail bookmark:

Upgrade your web browser
We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To get started, choose one of the browsers below:

* Microsoft Internet Explorer
* Mozilla Firefox
* Apple Safari

If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be displayed properly.

* © 2008 Microsoft
* Privacy
* Legal

* Help Central
* Account
* Feedback

What are they asking me to do?

I just hit the bookmark link again and it opens properly-ish.

Whilst I am here, is there a spell-check available as per Ffx?
Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hotmail
Posted by: Terry
Date: July 26, 2008 03:50PM

Read this to fill you in how others feel: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,81087

Change your user agent to Firefox (Tools-User Agent). This normally spoofs websites to let you proceed without the message.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 26, 2008 03:50PM

Weather
What are they asking me to do?
To Micro$oft should not make either case.
Windows Live Hotmail is worse than old Hotmail version and more slow loading.

Weather
Whilst I am here, is there a spell-check available as per Ffx?
SpellCheck can be download from Alain's K-Meleon Extensions web page.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2008 03:51PM by desga2.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 26, 2008 09:09PM

Remember to copy the de-DE.aff & de-DE.dic to folder ./K-Meleon/dictionaries additionally to installing basic speller support from alain's page.

p.s. I am German - so You would use another *.aff & *.dic. You can get them from SeaMonkey, Thunderbird or Open Office installs locally. Or Download from Mozilla.org.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2008 09:09PM by guenter.

Date: July 28, 2008 05:51PM

Thanks all.

Sorry I am late replying I misplacd the shortcut and couldn't find it in the one I thought I'd stored it in. I mean Favorites is the most obvious place isn't it?

Too much.

Date: August 09, 2008 07:42PM

I have the dictionary but when I right click for it all it does is flash as if it is failing to open a page. What is it supposed to do?

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 09, 2008 08:57PM

You install alains extension and unpack/copy the dictionary files into ./K-Meleon/dictionaries.

next it should mark misspelled or unknown words with red
- when you write in this forum (or any text form).

Aspell
Posted by: Weatherl
Date: August 10, 2008 05:34PM

Nope; still not working. Anyone know of a different spellcheck I can try?

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 10, 2008 05:46PM

Aspell extension not works fine, please try with SpellCheck extension.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Weatherl
Date: August 11, 2008 08:12AM

What is spell check extension?

I have had the browser close on me a few times just now trying to get the thing to work. It opened a command prompt and seems to be failing to open the same at other times. I wasn't quick enough to grab the command prompt message and have so far failed to repeat it.

A couple of times highlighting the text to be checked has caused the highlight to move to the rest of the messages from the text I want. In other words all the forum threads outside the box.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 11, 2008 09:42AM

Take it on my Extensions Page

I'm not sure, but menus translation may be wrong, because kml files are ANSI, and new kml files must be UTF-8.

If you have problems, because I haven't yet had time to do it, just open kml file in an editor which can save in different format, change the format to UTF-8, and save.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Re: Aspell
Date: August 19, 2008 08:00AM

I looked through everything I could find in the Aspell files. I downloaded them again and opened them with Windows Explorer.

With Notepad I changed what was saved as kml files, overwriting them after changing from ASCII to UTF-8 files. This involved replacing the older ones. (I presume?)

Still no spell check.

There is obviously something on my system preventing it:

WinPatrol, AVG, SpyBot, SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard and AdAware free versions and nVidea firewall. (If I had a legal (or in civil law a reasonable access) multiparty compliant BIOS, I'd do better with Linux I know. I could save chunks of my lifetime not updating security...)

I don't want to go back to Firefox. But it is beckoning. Sorry.

Oops..
Just thought, I haven't upgraded Windows in a long while. Maybe I aught to. One more try then.

Posted by: Rapido
Date: August 19, 2008 03:46PM

Hi! Use this address to login and it should not be a problem: http://login.live.com/login.srf?id=2&vv=600&lc=1033
I don't have a problem if I use this address above.

Yours: Rapido

Re: Aspell
Date: August 22, 2008 03:10AM

That's it back to Firefox. I just lost a post when Aspell tried to open a command prompt box. I wrote a reply to a forum (Google groups) and clicked CtrlL for a dictionary check up in Clever Keys.

For some reason Firfox is opens with that -despite me not setting Ffx as default browser. (It likes to switch off without reason or warning when it finds a website it doesn't like.)

Anyway as it was opening I right clicked to open Aspell and check the message in K-Meleon. Come back to find K-Meleon closed and my message gone.

Just tried it again and it just tried to open that DOS box but left my stuff intact. I wasn't opening another browser at the time though.

I suppose this means I have to go cap in hand and beg help in finding out WTF is wrong with my Firefox settings now too.

Shit!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.