General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
toolbar editor
Posted by: bst82551
Date: January 07, 2006 04:04PM

Is there currently a toolbar editor available anywhere? It seems like it'd be simple to make... I can picture exactly how it would be right now. It seems like you'd be able to easily get the user to find the skin folder and it would open up the toolbars.cfg and using the brackets in the same way that an RSS reader uses XML, it could easily be made... or so it seems. Then we could somehow include this tool with future K-Meleon builds, maybe?

Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: toolbar editor
Posted by: ra
Date: January 07, 2006 04:50PM

Have a look at the mailing list. There was someone working on it IIRC. Don't know what happened to it, but you might want to contact him..

Date: January 07, 2006 05:41PM

I was unable to locate it. Maybe I just didn't try hard enough.
Maybe it could even be a plugin, y'know?

Brian

Posted by: Al.
Date: January 07, 2006 10:03PM

There is a recommended program I have listed on the ThemeTools page of the Wiki, as part of the Skinning Tutorial I wrote during the last year. It is called Toolbar Paint:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=ThemeTools

It is basically a standalone toolbar editor, written in assembly (programming language). Doesn't access the toolbars.cfg file (you still need a text editor for that), and doesn't integrate with K-Meleon but still does an amicable job at editing toolbar bitmaps.

Date: January 07, 2006 10:11PM

Thanks, Al, but do you know of anything that acts sorta like IE's toolbar editor that lets you choose which buttons you have on the toolbars... etc.

Brian

Date: January 07, 2006 10:48PM

No unfortunately. If you're thinking of a toolbar button selector "dialogue" of some sort, then that idea has been floating around for some time, in fact it is on the To Do list (see other thread I mentioned it in) as "Customization:
Graphical interface for modifying the toolbar". I did a search of the mailing list archives based on what ra has recollected, but it didn't turn up anything in regards to somebody working on it. Maybe it is there, but based on the search criteria I used it didn't turn up anything.

Posted by: ra
Date: January 08, 2006 12:41AM

Search for messages from Edwin (edwinv_-_users.sourceforge.net after replacing "_-_" with the obvious character that makes out an e-mail address). In the subject he often used "themes" and/or "toolbars".

BTW: Back in K-M version 0.2.1 or 0.3 there already was a toolbar editor (well known standard windows one) integrated... But that was before there were themes IIRC.

Date: January 08, 2006 12:59AM

Thanks for that Ra, refining the search criteria I've come up with the following archived messages, which would appear to be about what Brian is interested in.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9694663
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8672392

Date: January 08, 2006 02:21AM

Unfortunately, it doesn't show me the full e-mail address... does anybody know the full e-mail address?
I think it's because I'm not a member of the mailing list.

Brian

Date: January 08, 2006 02:25AM

Edwin's email address is mentioned in ra's message above.

Date: January 08, 2006 02:27AM

Oh yes, I must've missed that. Thank you.

Brian

sWAVeVnkmtfQiBtc
Posted by: jenna
Date: May 13, 2008 10:56PM

i say one thing

OWFQnROlJzsmLca
Posted by: nick
Date: July 29, 2008 12:26AM

ksD7wO hi! hice site!