General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Any way to make Find(Ctrl+F) go to top automatically?
Posted by: Bobbert
Date: August 28, 2008 09:13PM

In firefox pressing Ctrl+F and then F3 would scan the page and restart back to the top, it doesn't reach the end of the page and stop like K-meleon. Is there any way to modify the Find function?

Thanks,

Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any way to make Find(Ctrl+F) go to top automatically?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 28, 2008 10:49PM

Well... that never happens ever.

That, what you are describing, happens to me too, but normally, and I mean most of the times, when I press F3 (I have another key, but that is not important to the function), what in K-meleon is to find next, k-meleon finds whatever until the end and then it goes to the next match at the top.

Maybe this should be reported as a bug, but, as I said, most of the times, it does what it must do.

Can you say what version are you using to test if this is an issue of the last 1.5 version? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 10:53PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 29, 2008 12:27AM

No it isn't a bug. You can do this if you checked "Wrap Around" option in Find bar.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 29, 2008 12:37AM

It's the newest version K-Meleon 1.5.0 (2008-08-08)
I can press shift-F3 to go up the search results but after going all the way down the "Find:" area on the bottom gets red and I hear the XP error sound and it never goes back to the top.

Date: August 29, 2008 12:39AM

OMG desga2 I feel so dumb.. I never thought to click that hehe tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 29, 2008 01:19AM

I can't find now that option on 1.1.6, desga, but in the config, that variable is set to false... so... now I'm the dumb, again...

Posted by: Nestea
Date: August 29, 2008 10:42AM

JohnHell
Just press Ctrl+F and it's the third button. Wrap Around
Or just double-click the about:config entry you already have found.

I just don't understand why it's called Wrap Around. IMO Loop, loop search or even go to top automatically would be better.

Date: August 29, 2008 10:52AM

Aha, thanks smiling smiley

Anyway I still don't need to set it to true (enable) to work the "wrap around" function.

Weird, hehe smiling smiley

Date: September 05, 2008 05:28PM

Ok, even with the "wrap around" it sometimes does not go to the top. JohnHell mentioned before it sometimes doesn't wrap around but usually does so maybe it should be reported as a bug. I noticed this on youtube's comment board. For example:
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=Z_g2Fv2sWCo
search for a word like "circuit" and it will go to the bottom and stop. In firefox it will go back to the top and repeat. Can someone else test this?

Date: September 05, 2008 06:22PM

Works.

Anyway you need to have in mind one thing: if you don't click on the page (so k-meleon knows to search in the page text), it doesn't work, not only the wrap around but the search at all.

If it is some bug, maybe we'll need to start talking about that the preferences is not needed to be set to true and sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.

Date: September 06, 2008 12:59AM

sad smiley

how weird it works for you but not for me... wrap around works on every other page, just not on the youtube page and maybe a few other pages. Grrr...

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 09, 2008 06:16PM

Bobbert is right. I have problems with "Wrap Around" of Find in Page bar in this YouTube page, this cycle search in page not works, search stop in last "circuit" text and not start to search again from top of page.

But i think this is a specific bug with this page because this have a toolbar at bottom of windows that is showed in Firefox 2 and not in K-Meleon 1.5 (also in 1.1.X).
This YouTube toolbar at bottom can avoid to Find bar found the end of page.

This is the source code of YouTube page at bottom where defined the toolbar:

[Sorry but the source code can't be pasted because there is some forbidden word]
You can look this source if you view the source of YouTube page at the bottom of source code.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2008 06:22PM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.