General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Page Loading
Posted by: Weather
Date: September 16, 2008 09:05AM

I ws using Firefox to load this page:
http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx_500p_9panel_eur.html

A collection of pressure charts from their weather server.

Ffx kept blocking stuff I couldn't find how to let in. After loading the objects one at a time with the page bouncing up and down each time, I got a bit upset and moved to this browser.

Which browser loaded the page nonchalantly. Or am I missing something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page Loading
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 16, 2008 10:05AM

What is the problem? I haven't anyone with 1.1.6 version :-?

If you ask me, I prefer Wetterzentrale for this stuff.

Posted by: Weather
Date: September 16, 2008 10:35AM

The point is that I don't know if there is a problem.

As for preferring one site over another, when there are so many models running, the ideal is to be able to make a comparison.

As it happens -and totally off topic; there is a relationship with fluid criticality that can be guessed at in any marked differences in the model runs.

If you have an affinity for higher maths and an interest in fluid mechanics there is a million dollar prize for one of the conundrums involving the so called Reynolds Number (among others) as for example:

"Turbulence inevitably sets in when the Reynolds number R reaches a critical value that is about 10^5"

(From the Enc Brit.)

Anyone interested in chasing nebulous fatulae can contact me for even more aesoteric ideas. I'd do it myself (I could use the munii) only I have no computing skills and need to be able to operate a simple database at least.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 16, 2008 11:25AM

I had no problem with Firefox nor K-Meleon.
Firefox uses the same engine as K-Meleon - Firefox & K-Meleon should behave the same except that Firefox uses slightly more resources and is slightly slower for some things.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.