General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Save multiple tabs to same folder at once.
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 19, 2008 08:44PM

Howdy, Folks.

Often I will browse email news links and save the pages for later off-line viewing. As my discount ISP only allows me 200 hours per month, I will simply click on a news link and while it is loading continue to the next news link, etc. Then go off-line and save each page to the same folder.

I would like to save all of the pages to this same folder at once. Is there a way to do this.

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Save multiple tabs to same folder at once.
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 19, 2008 08:58PM

In K-Meleon ever web pages are saved in last folder used to saved.
If you saved first web page in "C:\News\" in next page "Save Page As..." show this folder by default.

Or, are you like a macro to save all tabs directly in same folder?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 19, 2008 09:15PM

desga2
If you saved first web page in "C:\News\" in next page "Save Page As..." show this folder by default.

Or, are you like a macro to save all tabs directly in same folder?

Thanks, desga. I was unaware regarding the default option. Good to know.smiling smiley
But I [am] hoping for a macros to save all tabs (or the window) directly to the same folder at once, if you or someone can oblige me.

Thanks.

Update...It turns out there is no "default" option in the "save as" dialog.

How about another "Update?" A couple easy ways I've found to accomplish [sort of] the same goal is 1. Open each page in a new tab and just leave that particular window open or minimized until I am ready to view them in which case memory usage accumulates or 2. Save the session which tends to cause the "KM was improperly closed...." warning to display, which I am trying to prevent occurring.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to save a group of tabs without the memory or warning problems occurring?

Thanks.

Charlie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2008 01:24AM by caktus.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 21, 2008 02:25PM

This short macro seems to work for all the tabs in a window.

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#  
# ---------- FileAllTabs.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language  Open FileSaveAs for all Tabs in current window ----
#
# Dependencies        : - main.kmm KM version 1.5
# Resources           : - 
# Preferences         : - 
# Version             : - 0.8   2008-09-21
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_FileAllTabs_RunCode{
$_FileAllTabs_Number_of_Tabs = $TabNumber ;
$_FileAllTabs_Tab_Count = 0 ;
while( $_FileAllTabs_Tab_Count < $_FileAllTabs_Number_of_Tabs ) &_FileAllTabs_Save_Close_Loop;
}

_FileAllTabs_Save_Close_Loop {
id(ID_FILE_SAVE_AS) ;
id(ID_CLOSE_TAcool smiley ;
$_FileAllTabs_Tab_Count = $_FileAllTabs_Tab_Count + 1 ;
}

_FileAllTabs_BuildMenu{
# add another option to Favorites menu 
$kTabs?setmenu("&File",macro,"File All Tabs",_FileAllTabs_RunCode,3):0;
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_FileAllTabs_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."Snippet;";

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: September 21, 2008 02:42PM

i love this macro!.. thankyou james

Date: September 21, 2008 06:36PM

I found a bug in this macro:
# add another option to Favorites menu
must be:
# add another option to File menu

smiling smiley and someone forgot add it to MacroLibrary tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 21, 2008 09:17PM

@ desga2

Got started on MacroLibrary but could not finish. I kept getting this message, "Sorry, the server database is not responding. Try again later!".

Date: September 21, 2008 09:33PM

This is not the page I expected when I went to edit a new page for KmmFileAllTabs. What did I get?

Hay un enlace llamado EditThisPage al final de cada pagina. Haz clik en él para editar la actual pagina que se te muestra.

Verás una amplia caja donde en su interior aparece el texto que estabas mirando. Simplemente haz tus adicciones o corrige algun error y pulsa el botón Save?

No necesitas registrarte o hacer algo más para usar esta funcion!

Ahora ve a SandBox para practicar un poco.

Date: September 21, 2008 11:08PM

I think I got it finished. It takes several trys to get anywhere now.

Date: September 22, 2008 07:43AM

James
# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# ---------- FileAllTabs.kmm........

Thank you so much. This is Gerrrrrate! I appreciate you going to the effort to work this out for me.smiling smiley

desga2
I found a bug in this macro:.........

I changed it to "File" before saving it to User Defined-Macros. But since the line is commented out, I assume it really doesn't make a difference in the macro's functioning.

Charlie

Date: September 22, 2008 10:14AM

@ caktus.
Yes it's a commented line, but it was a bad comment because it's wrong smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 22, 2008 12:26PM

@ desga2

Thanks for pointing out the bad line. That is what I get sometimes when re-using code. I think I got favorites changed to file before I put it into the MacroLibrary. I can't check right now because of the database problem.

Date: September 22, 2008 05:14PM

I seem to have run into a snag. When the Save dialog appears some times I only have to click the Save button once, but some times I have to click Save button for each Tab. Any Idea what I may be doing wrong.

Charlie

Date: September 22, 2008 08:42PM

@ caktus

When I tested the macro I noticed that on the first tab I had two clicks and on each tab thereafter only one click. The extra click on the first tab to file seems always to be for selecting the folder. Note that my testing was always to put all the files in the same folder. Each tab filed will require at least one click, I think. I did not test changing folders for some tabs.

Date: September 25, 2008 04:49PM

Thank you James.

Clicking on each tab is not really a big deal. I was just hoping it could be steam-lined a bit more. But still, it is very efficient.

One idea I had for efficiently saving tabs for off-line viewing was to simply save them as a session. But it seemed that after being disconnected from the Internet for a short period of time, sometimes just an hour, the content of the pages would be dumped and all I would get is something like "Page could not be found" or some such message. However, this morning I found that all I have to do is connect to the Internet, then open the session and all pages in the session are automatically reloaded. I wonder how many sessions or tabs KM 1.5.0 can save.

Charlie

Date: September 25, 2008 05:30PM

@ caktus

I think you can save as many sessions as you wish. You just have to name each session.

Whether to use sessions or save page as would be dependent on your needs for the document and how static is the page. If you need the information on the current page but the page is likely to update often, saving the page would be better. However if you need the topic and wish the information updated to current then sessions would seem to be better.

Posted by: kko
Date: September 25, 2008 05:40PM

caktus
One idea I had for efficiently saving tabs for off-line viewing was to simply save them as a session. But it seemed that after being disconnected from the Internet for a short period of time, sometimes just an hour, the content of the pages would be dumped and all I would get is something like "Page could not be found" or some such message. However, this morning I found that all I have to do is connect to the Internet, then open the session and all pages in the session are automatically reloaded.

When you check File > Work Offline before opening a session, km will try to load the pages out of its cache. No need to connect to the Internet.

Date: September 26, 2008 07:10AM

kko
When you check File > Work Offline before opening a session........

Thank you kko. I'll try that the next time I get the "page not found error.

Charlie

Date: October 09, 2008 02:40AM

I finally realized that a simple way to save all tabs using File > Save all tabs is to select the folder I want to save the tabs in, place the cursor over the "Save" button and hold the "Enter" key and all the tabs are save in about two seconds, regardless how many tabs are involved.

Sometimes it takes me a while to realize the obvious.sad smiley

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.